1,829 results
All reviews yew tree restaurant monks bar hot towels blue pool free bikes belfry suite jarvey's rest star hotel the pub journey home outdoor hot tub vitality suite vitality pool relaxation room torc waterfall relaxation area steam room
Reviewed 11 August 2018 via mobile

The hotel was beautiful but know this is not a true castle hotel but a modern hotel attempting to appear like a castle. Children are NOT allowed in the pool which was very disappointing for my children. The associated pub had terrible food and service. Breakfast buffet was very good.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
DannyMcClure, Guest Relations Manager at Muckross Park Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2018

Dear Jsand8217

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your review.

Thank you for all of your feedback booth constructive and positive, both are very much appreciated. Our hotel has a modern wing to it which is relatively new by comparison to the original building. The Monks lounge area and the above rooms date back over 200 years built by the same family who had the nearby Muckross House constructed. The more modern wing was built with this in mind.

Our relaxation suite in our spa is for adults only, we do alert guests to this on reservation stage. My apologies if this message was not conveyed through this means. I will also pass on your feedback to our Bar Manager in relation to your feedback on service and to our chef about your meal. If you have any further feedback in relation to this we would be most grateful. My apologies for any disappointment caused.

We hope that you had a lovely, safe and comfortable trip home.

Best regards,

Reviewed 7 August 2018 via mobile

It is a modern clean hotel. Location is convenient for exploring Killarney. Staff is very mixed which made for a very uneven stay. Check in staff was useless. There was no one to greet us or help with luggage-we arrived at a normal hour, not crazy. We asked questions about meals, and we were told that because of the day we were there, not much was open, so we’d miss out on all the hotel has to offer. That sort of attitude is not what I’d expect - she could have phrased it differently. She was just not very hospitable. The concierge was more helpful at least, and helped us with a jaunting car booking. But we pretty much handled things on our own. The bar was nice, and breakfast was good. This hotel could be so much more, especially at their prices. We really should have stayed closer to town and for something less expensive.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank pickytravelernyc

Dear pickytravelernyc

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your review.

Thank you for recommending out hotel for the aspects that you found positive about your stay including being conveniently located and for our modern style.

I was however very sorry to read of the issues you refer to in your feedback. Our reception team receive very positive feedback from guests on a regular basis and indeed is one of the highest rated departments in this regard. I will ensure to pass your feedback onto their department head directly. This is not reflective of the standard that we hold ourselves to here at the Muckross Park Hotel.

Thank you for all of your feedback both positive and constructive, I hope that you enjoyed a safe, comfortable onward journey.

Yours Sincerely

Reviewed 6 August 2018 via mobile

Visit the spa today, exceptional service from the spa with top notch therapists. The spa facilities are amazing.
Then as part of the package we had afternoon tea, the staff were really friendly and attentive. The food was fantastic and our every need was catered for.
We will definitely visit again

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
DannyMcClure, Guest Relations Manager at Muckross Park Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2018

Dear Jennifer H

Thank you very much for taking the time to post you review.

We are delighted to read that you enjoyed our spa, afternoon tea and so many aspects of your stay. Thank you also for your kind words for our staff, I will ensure they all have the opportunity to read your feedback.

We hope that you had a safe, comfortable journey home and please contact is in the future if you wish to make any inquiries.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 6 August 2018

When I go away I try to have different experiences so not often that I return to the same hotels or even restaurants, but for Muckross Park Hotel I will absolutely go back. I have only positive thing to say about the venue, facilities, food, service, and it’s people.
I have twp primary measures for staying anywhere; a good shower and a good breakfast. Shower -check, breakfast…, simply the best eggs benedict I have had – anywhere. We took a Junior Suite for a couple of nights and more than happy to have paid a little extra. Very clean, luxurious and tranquil.
Major Colgans had some live music and Irish dancing on Thursday night and with a full house, everyone got into the spirit and appreciated the entertainment.
It’s not rocket science but if you have the right people you will give customers the best experiences and they will go back. Muckross Park certainly do.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Rob Q

Thank you very much for taking the time to post you review.

We are delighted to read that you had such a wonderful time in our hotel and with the wonderful feedback you have posted. Thank you for your comments about our room facilities, your breakfast, Colgans Irish Nights and so much more.

I will be certain to let our breakfast chef know of your kind words for their Eggs Benedict.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 6 August 2018

The spa here truly was delightful. So relaxing after a day in the mountains. We particularly liked the outdoor hot tub.

The breakfast was both a la care and buffet style. The eggs Florentine was amazing!!

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel