All reviews cellar bar heated floors beautiful manor house sheep and cows tree lined drive walk in wardrobe the main house new wing ring of kerry national park modern conveniences common areas public rooms old world charm antique furniture the pub sitting area
Reviewed 7 October 2018

We stayed here during our trip to Killarney. As we drove down the tree lined driveway with sheep and cows on either side of us, the beautiful estate began to reveal itself. This old manor house is simply gorgeous. Our room was in the manor house itself with a stunning view of the sheep pasture bordering the property. The room was full of old world charm. We sat outside on their grounds and had a drink while watching the sunset. It was perhaps the most peaceful and magical experience I had during my visit to Ireland. The staff was extremely helpful and willing to asssit with anything, even explaining Irish tipping to us. I highly recommend this to anyone.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
EmerC63, General Manager at Cahernane House, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear kinr0se2,

Many thanks for your high recommendation and thank you for this lovely review. Cahernane is just the most peaceful retreat and yet we are only a short distance away from the busting and energetic Killarney town. You can have the best of both worlds if you wish !

The neighbouring sheep and cows are always keeping our guests entertained - as well as some deer early in the mornings.

So thank you again for taking the time to review and hope you enjoyed the rest of your holiday,

Kind regards
Emer & all the team.

Reviewed 6 October 2018

Very beautifully kept 19th Century building with a renovated 60's extension which stylistically fits in well with the older section. Very helpful and friendly staff. We had a huge room and a living room in the renovated 60's extension.

Our Room was very well equipped and had a lovely wooden floor and was bright and airy.

Dinner in the restaurant was enjoyable for the atmosphere. The food was OK if not great.

Lots of areas to relax in. The bistro bar in the old cellar is really nice with local beer and a more relaxed ambience and a good food selection.

Breakfast was not a strong point. The breakfast breads arrived in a three tier platter but the scones were stale both days running that we were there

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MikeBirdman
Reviewed 5 October 2018

This is a lovely old manor house. There are guest rooms in the original part of the manor and also in an addition. We were on the ground floor in the newer part of the manor, but the room was lovely and had a small patio with bistro table and chairs. The grounds are lush and green, but not as impressive as some other places we stayed. The service was first rate, the rooms very clean and the dining was impressive. I remember breakfast buffet having a few less items than most buffets, but you could order from a menu.

Room Tip: If I'd been choosing I'd have asked for a room in the original manor...just because I love the history.
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Debi M
Reviewed 4 October 2018 via mobile

What a gem this place is! I changed my travel plans and booked this hotel only 2 weeks prior to arrival and I’m so glad that I did! The beautiful tree lined lane leading up to the House is a perfect foreshadow of what is in store. Beauty, luxury and gracious hospitality is everywhere. We stayed in room 42 which had a balcony and a sofa sleeper. The heated floors in the bathroom and the tub are A+. The comfort and quality of the bed and bedding are what I have experienced at top luxury hotels. The breakfast was lovely with a large selection of hot menu items to choose from. We enjoyed a night cap down in the cellar bar and the vibe is fantastic. I believe the staff puts this place over the top. We received great advice from Mary at the front desk and Youri is both gracious and accommodating. All the staff we interacted with amazing. I would love to be able to give more than 5 stars.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank debbongi
Reviewed 26 September 2018 via mobile

We were in Ireland for 8 days and stayed in 4 different cities/hotels, and this was by far our favorite location to stay. I would recommend this to anyone looking for a castle/manor house type stay. The reasons for my high rating is as follows:

1. Old house with new updates. The bathroom in our room had brand new floor tile, and new fixtures. You could tell the entire room was decorated to fit that old charm look.

2. Bed was extremely comfortable!

3. Very clean hotel with great cleaning staff. They asked us several times if they could bring more towels or get us anything.

4. Breakfast was top notch! My husband got the Irish breakfast both days and rated it a 10/10.

5. Great location with easy walking access to both the downtown area as well as the Muckross House/Torc Waterfall.

6. The gardens and scenery from the back of the house was amazing!

7. Front desk staff very helpful and friendly. When we checked in, we were personally taken up to look at the room and see the rest of the grounds. She also recommended some walking/cycling routes and restaurants downtown. Top notch staff!

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple