“Delicious food in a beautiful setting”
Review of Genting Thai

Genting Thai
Ranked #25 of 203 Restaurants in Killarney
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

Enjoyed a relaxing and delicious meal on a Monday night. My waitress was very sweet and attentive. I ordered the Tom Kha and the Gai Kraprow. Soup was delicious but I’m used to spicier Thai and should have asked for a bit more spice (I was advised of this beforehand, so my bad). The entree and steamed rice were perfection. I truly enjoyed myself at this spot and would highly recommend a dinner there if you’ve overdone it with the Irish food, or even if you haven’t. It’s worth a visit.

Reviewed 12 November 2018 via mobile

Had heard good reports and believe where they are now is a much bigger premises, we went on a Saturday night so very busy and certainly not suitable for a quiet meal for two, service was good considering all tables were full, a wide selection of Thai dishes and everything we had was good but not exceptional two starters and mains with rice and two beers was €68
We would go back

Reviewed 6 November 2018

Group of 12 (6 children, 6 adults) had a beautiful meal at this Thai recently. The restaurant was clean and beautifully decorated. All staff were lovely, very attentive and assisted with advise on childrens selections. Food was tasty and plentiful. Wines and beers were lovely. Portions were lovely size . Desserts were delicious too. 12 very happy customers and my children are still talking about the dinner and what they will order next time we visit.

Reviewed 28 October 2018 via mobile

Visited on a Saturday night the place was extremely busy and even though we'd no booking we were still welcomed, beautiful decor inside and very spacious also. Food was really tasty and very reasonably priced, had the pork sweet and sour with fried rice and spring rolls to start all which were very tasty. Would highly recommend this place and very central in Killarney and close to parking also.

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed 22 October 2018 via mobile

We visit the restaurant a couple times in the old location. Always happy. Now after the second time in the new spot we have enough.

Service very friendly, location very enjoyable, beautiful and clean.

But unfortunately is the quality of the food no more the same. Had stirfry rice dish. Horrible. So greasy, you couldn’t eat it. The rice is the lowest quality level available on the market. My partner had a curry (which was nice) but again the side dish of rice wasnt egg fried rice. It was cheap, wrong cooked rice, colored with turmeric.
Very disappointed with this. But i wouldn’t even write this comment.
But what drives me angry, we told the waiter very friendly that the dish is not eatable (we just ate 2 spoons full). Waiter apologies friendly. But fully charged for the dish.
Thats not the way it should be. Im a chef, and i also do mistakes. But if its a kitchen fault, dont let the costumer pay for it.

For me, no more good enough.
For the low level of food quality, prices are way to high. Even for a expensive town like Killarney.

Date of visit: October 2018