“Noreen and her staff were great!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Mystical Rose Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Killarney
Mystical Rose Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #36 of 145 Killarney B&B and Inns
wakefield, ma
“Noreen and her staff were great!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2011

My husband, along with my father and his wife stayed at the Mystical Rose for 2 nights in August and enjoyed it very much. In-keeper Noreen was a blast. Very hospitable, advising us on where to visit, restaurants etc. Breakfast was great. When my husband mentioned to Noreen that he was doing some ancestry research and thought that he had relatives in the area, Noreen went out of her way (along with her staff) to help, by providing names and numbers of people to contact who may have information about his family. They couldn't do enough for us to try to locate relatives.

If you want to get off the beaten path, ask Noreen for her wicked wild adventure tour of the Black Valley.

We hope to get back to Killarney again some day and will definitely stay at the Mystical Rose.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 October 2011

My family and I stayed at the Mystical Rose B&B this past September, and it was by far the friendliest and most welcoming place we stayed our whole trip! Very comfy accommodations, and the hostess Noreen was AMAZING!! She was so welcoming and warm, and she even did an Irish dance for us the last day... She has great recommendations for what to do in Killarney, as she seems to know everyone in that town! We had a WONDERFUL time with Noreen!!!

Room Tip: Please note there wasn't actually a pool, but I accidentally rated it.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
Gorey, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 September 2011

I stayed here on the June 2011 bank holiday for the weekend with a group of friends from Kilkenny. Easy to find and from the moment we arrived on the bikes, Noreen made us feel at home with her funny and friendly attitude. Rooms were spotless and spacious with all the bits and bobs you would find in your own home. I didn't get to make breakfast due to having a good time, but on the last morning before leaving, Noreen gave one of my friends 2 breakfast sambos for myself and the wife and said, "they have to eat", nice touch. If and when I return to Killarney, I will be booking again and will have no hesitation in telling others to do the same.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 September 2011

We love you Noreen!!! The Best Experience Ever!!! The rooms are perfect, the food divine, the hospitality can't be beat! Your kitchen is awesome, your dad so sweet, and the history on the walls is the best life lessons ever. We absolutely loved the dining room, felt like I was in my best friend's home! Also, thanks so much for the recommendation to Kaynes! The mushroom soup is fantastic and the steak dinner was out of this world - Love, "The Boston Girls who took up your time"

Room Tip: get the room to the right of Noreen's mom mural....
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
Barcelona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2011

We arrived very late to Killarney and we couldn't find a hostel or a hotel to sleep (all fully booked) with my little kid of two years old. We talked to a friendly woman of Killarney to ask some help and she called Noreen to know if she had free rooms. So we discovered Mystical Rose, not far away from the city center. Even if it was late, we were very warmly welcomed, with a big smile and hug from Noreen, and she even let me cook food for the baby at ten o'clock by night in her kitchen. We were happily surprised by the very comfortable rooms, and next morning we had a very nice Irish breakfast. The kid had lots of fun with her animals, especially with the donkey! Then we decided to stay one more night. I payed 70 euros per night, but it was very well invested. Thanks to Noreen if you are reading me!

Room Tip: All rooms are very, very quiet, you hear no noises, no cars, nothing! Not even other customers!
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family