All reviews minute walk to galway would stay again galway bay breakfast was delicious hostess salthill trad prom pint hosts accommodations bath
Reviewed 5 October 2017

Having travelled extensively over my life, the Rockbarton Park Hotel was a true gem to find. The business was well set up, very cozy and inviting, and truly a comfortable place to rest. The food was very good and the quaint bar was more than adequate. But it's true greatness is found in the owners. The husband and wife team that own and run the hotel/B&B are some of the most wonderful people we have met in all of our travels. They went out of their way to make our experience with them a memory to last a lifetime. The couple who travelled with us could not believe the hospitality we received, which was far above anyone's expectations. I would not hesitate in recommending this place to anyone who ever travels to Galway. It is a short hop to the downtown core by bus or taxi and a very reasonable fare.

Room tip: The rooms we had were very cozy and comfortable.
Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Robert S
Reviewed 1 October 2017 via mobile

Had a great time at the Rockbarton. Our hostess Patsy made it feel like home which when out on the road working makes a world of difference. Perfectly cooked eggs and homemade jam at breakfast! And a perfect pint of Guinness in the evening. I had a lovely stay and hope to stay there again soon.

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank T5998DZdavidj
Reviewed 21 August 2017 via mobile

This place was incredible. I stay in all types of accommodations when I'm working. This is a work/vacation trip. The beds were very comfortable. The neighborhood was super quiet. Could leave the windows open all night and hear nothing but the occasional rain shower. Breakfast was the perfect Irish breakfast with the best eggs ever. They pour a perfect pint anytime you want. The wifi streams netflix like a champ. The staff are more like private hosts. Patsy and terry and everyone else are always smiling and happy to go out of their way to help your day go well. They even drove me to a restaurant when it was raining. I can't say enough about the incredible hospitality. Thank you all so much! Anyone who doesn't appreciate this place has not stayed in enough hotels to appreciate how much you get for such a fair price. You CAN NOT beat this.

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank gozer2000
Reviewed 18 June 2017 via mobile

I stayed at the Rockbarton Park Hotel for one week. Patsy the hostess is wonderful. She is very warm and friendly. The room is very clean and the bed is very comfy. The shower is powerful with lovely hot water. The wifi is very good, but on one occasion it didn't work very well. I would give this place a big thumbs up. I was celebrating my birthday here during my stay, I had a very nice birthday. I will definitely stay here again.

Date of stay: June 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank maureen g
Reviewed 31 May 2017

Clean comfortable and very friendly. We could not have been made more welcome, particularly as we descended with 5 minis, however with a bit of shuffling space was made for us in the car park. We were greeted with tea, coffee and biscuits on arriving and returning to the hotel, and departed each day with a decent breakfast. Real Irish hospitality. We intend to return for more touring and would definitely stay here again.

Date of stay: May 2017