“Great staff,great location,great staff!”
Review of Park House Hotel

Park House Hotel
Ranked #2 of 46 Hotels in Galway
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

After flying from Boston to Shannon we drove directly to the Park House Hotel. Our GPS failed enroute to Galway making the trip to the hotel a bit difficult. Drove right up to the entrance and gave the keys to the valet. That gentleman was quite welcoming
Our room was ready so we were allowed an early check in which gave us a chance for a quick nap and time to freshen up
The hotel is an excellent location right off of Eyre square. It is also close to NIU Galway,Quay St and the waterfront
The hotel itself is an old classic. The staff is warm and accommodating. The room was spacious and quiet. It offered everything we needed. The beds and pillows were top notch. If you are used to The JW Marriott,Hilton brands etc this is not what this is. It's an excellent, old hotel maintained to high standards. I would highly recommend the Park House and will stay again while in Galway

1  Thank Ronald R
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

After two weeks and five hotels in Ireland, I have concluded that Irish hotels are quite individual and quirky. Park House is no exception. Its public spaces are maze-like and the color scheme is, well, I think amped-up Maxfield Parish comes closest. But it is clearly a first tier hotel. Our room was warm, comfortable, and clean and the staff was fine. The quirky? Well, first we had to ask for wash cloths, which they had, but did not routinely supply each day. We also had to request more than the single mini bar of soap. You get a complimentary bottle of water each night, save before the day you leave, when you get none--unless you ask, and then is willingly provided. Just a wee bit strange Don't be put off though; this is a grand hotel in a perfect location in Galway.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This is a very nice hotel, with great staff. Room was large. Dinner and breakfast were both very good. Only complaint is that the shower is under-powered (Yoo.Me showerheads would help). If you are driving, note that the entrance to their car park is somewhat obscure and easily missed. If you do miss it, do not turn into the alley just past the hotel, thinking you can just go around the block. They alley is a dead end and is VERY difficult to turn around in.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I'm only giving the Park House Hotel 5 stars because I couldn't give them 10. From the moment we arrived to the moment we left the staff and service were outstanding. Every request we made -- including a couple really off the wall -- was met with courtesy and people going the extra mile.

Then there was the room. It was spacious, charming, well kept up and first rate in every way -- right down to the towel warmer. We also enjoyed the restaurant's excellent food, beautiful ambience and fine service.

Finally, the location was perfect for us -- easy walking distance to the things we wanted to do.

I really can't say enough good things about the Park House Hotel.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

From the moment I drove my rental car into the Park House's Hotel's car park, I knew I would love it. From the cheerful desk manager to the helpful fellow with the map that I needed to get around (though I walked in Galway everywhere I needed to go...like the shores of the Atlantic...where I could "sit by the dock 'o the bay", my stay in Galway was perfect. This hotel offers a free breakfast to all its guests, which is very, very fine and, well, filling (I got the full Irish breakfast at mid-morning every day and didn't need much else for the remainder of the day, except a trip to the pub :) in the evening. This hotel is well placed near the center of Galway, so you can pick your jaunt on a daily basis for something new to discover...but you'll not be far from "home" in any direction you fancy for the day. Perfect for walking in all directions to discover beauty of Galway town!

Room Tip: My room was near an adjoining alleyway to the next building, and was filled with flowers.