3,094 results
All reviews eyre square car park train station deluxe room wonderful hotel central location galway city comfortable hotel breakfast was included would highly recommend this hotel pubs and restaurants top class full irish breakfast shop street yogurt scones aran islands
Reviewed 16 June 2015

Our room was clean, spacious enough, and the overall hotel was wonderful. Extra special appreciation goes to the waitstaff in the restaurant and bar area. They were attentive and efficient all the while beng friendly. We found plenty of pubs with great live music each night all within a short stumble distance to the hotel.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank David M
Reviewed 16 June 2015

We booked this hotel for two nights but only stayed one because we didn't want to ruin our short break away by staying any longer in Faulty Towers. We had booked this hotel because we saw all the great reviews on tripadvisor. Well one thing I will say is, either the hotel is paying people to write false reviews or people are thinking of the wrong hotel when writing the reviews. We arrived, after battling the ridiculous traffic layout, to a cold reception from the staff at front desk who acted as if we were an inconvience to them. They took money from my credit card without my permission, instead of the usual credit card swipe in any other hotel in the 21st century. Ok we got over that. Our room was like a cave, dark and dirty. We can deal with that also. So we got out and explored Galway, a great city so many bars and cafes it really was enjoyable city.. then eventually we had to return to the dreaded park house for the night. Sleep was not available as the beds had springs sticking up, constant noise and the heat in the room was just ridiculous. So after very little sleep we trudged down for breakfast. Food was average. service was poor, and the woman that kept hovering over us was just strange, I think she was a manger of some type as she wasn't wearing a uniform. We packed our bags and left. No chance of a refund but we didn't care once we got out of that creepy time warp. Stay anywhere but here.

Room Tip: Don't stay here
  • Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple
17  Thank irish901
Reviewed 16 June 2015

There was nothing that wasn't absolutely perfect about our stay at the park house. We were welcomed by quite possibly the friendliest man in Ireland, Patrick. We were family the moment we walked through the door. The park house was elegant, classy, warm and welcoming. The staff was beyond accommodating and helpful. From the moment we checked in we were acknowledged as residents and treated like royalty. We were specifically grateful for the treatment we received from Patrick, Kitty, Bruno and Jacob. This hotel passed all expectations we had with flying colors. Not to mention you cant find a place with a better location. The parking was onsite, valet, and free. There is no better place in Galway- you absolutely MUST stay at the park house.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank Zambraski4
Reviewed 15 June 2015

I booked B&B in a superior room for one night and when we checked in the receptionist informed me that we had been upgraded. My wife and I were delighted. I choose this hotel because of the mostly wonderful reviews it had been given and I thought we were off to a great start. When we got to our room my jaw dropped. The room was small, dark with a view of the multistory car park at the back of the hotel.
I asked my wife what kind of room did she think we would have got if we were not upgraded. The room was very clean and comfortable and contained all we needed for an overnight stay. We decided not to say anything and go and enjoy ourselves. After showering we left the hotel and had a great time in Galway city. The breakfast we very good and the staff were excellent.

Room Tip: Ask to see your room first.
  • Stayed: April 2015, travelled as a couple
9  Thank CorkEvertonFan
Reviewed 14 June 2015 via mobile

We (party of 10) stayed here for two nights.

Initially, we didn't have a good impression as it was difficult to reach the hotel due to the road diversion work.

But, we began to enjoy the stay starting with an excellent dinner at the restaurant. The friendliness and attentiveness of the staff are superb.

We requested for soup noodle for our breakfast. They asked us to talk to the chef to ensure that it's done the way we wanted. That's service!

The owner, Ms Kitty, was always "on the ground" working with her staff taking care of us during all our meals. She led the way in showing "excellent customer service" to her staff and we are thoroughly impressed.

We will stay here, AGAIN, and will recommend this hotel to all our friends.

Stayed: June 2015, travelled with friends