3,096 results
All reviews eyre square car park train station deluxe room wonderful hotel central location galway city comfortable hotel breakfast was included would highly recommend this hotel pubs and restaurants top class full irish breakfast shop street yogurt scones aran islands
Reviewed 10 October 2012

Located less than a hundred yards from both the train station and Eyre Square this is an excellent choice especially if you arrive by train. The old part of town is less than a five minute walk away - on the west side of Eyre Square.
The room we spent two nights in was large and while it faced onto a rather ugly alley was very quite. We selected an upgraded room which is something I do not think I would do again but that is only because I did not see much difference between it and the regular rooms save that it was a bit larger. We enjoyed a dinner in the dinning room and drinks in the bar though the bar is rather low key compared to others in town. If you rent a car, as we did, it is a fairly easy location to get in and out of town from as many of the streets in the vicinity are one way including the street the hotel fronts on.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
12  Thank jsthouston
Reviewed 9 October 2012

This hotel my cousin and I actually got last minute because we had to change our itinerary. I am so glad we did because this was a catch! The hotel is clean, elegant, and the staff is very friendly and helpful. They arranged for us to get a cab to go to the cliffs of moher because we arrived to late for the tour bus. The hotel is also in city centre which made it easy to get around. The rooms were also quite big which was nice. Defintely would go back!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Danielle W
Reviewed 9 October 2012

My friend and I stayed here for 5 nights last week. Excellent location within walking distance of all the restaurants, shops and Eyre Square. The staff was very lovely and helpful in all our requests, offering umbrellas when it rained, changing our money to euros and giving directions/suggestions to places when we asked. Our room was nice, clean and I loved the towel warmer. The breakfast was very hearty and good selection choice every morning. It was so convenient to both the train station coming from Dublin and adjacent to the bus station when going to the airport. There's a pub called the Pucan across the street that had lovely music and dancers every night. There's also a Centra market across the street that was convenient for stamps, postcards, and food/snacks. Can't wait to return to Galway, one of my most favorite cities in Ireland.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Sandradot
Reviewed 9 October 2012

We had a terrific stay at the Park House Hotel in Galway. We stayed two nights. The hotel is centrally located, almost on Eyre Square, so close to shopping, restaurants and pubs. When we arrived, the hotel parking lot was full and we stayed for free at the adjacent City Center lot. We were able to park at the hotel the second night. The hotel parking lot is quite small and so parking is by valet; but the service is good and it's free and close - hard to beat in that location.

As we were checking in, we were greeted by a charming lady dressed in a black suit (Kitty) who offered us complimentary tea and scones. These really "hit the spot". The staff was very friendly and helpful during our entire stay. Kitty in particular went out of her way to ensure we were having an enjoyable time and provided us with brochures and suggestions for our day trips, and better seating when we decided to have dinner in the bar the second night.

Our room was toward the back and was very quiet, which was appreciated, since the front of the hotel is located on a busy street with many pubs. It was very large, with a double and a single bed, a safe in a very large closet and a large bathroom. We also had bathrobes and slippers, plus complimentary bottled water and chocolates (a nice touch). The room was in great condition. Also, there is free wifi in the room.

The front desk provided us with great suggestions for dinner (Artisan - see separate review) and for a local pub. This was Murty Rabbit's Bar, which was actually across the street. We went there after dinner, since they had live traditional Irish Music and the band (fiddle, accordian & guitar) that night was truly outstanding. We were told that this is the oldest pub in Galway. I would recommend this pub for sure. The second night we decided to eat at the hotel bar restaurant. They have an upscale restaurant with a nice menu and then more casual fare in the bar, where there is actually extensive seating. The food we had was excellent as was the service and we were glad of the recommendation from the front desk. We ended up in a booth near the bar on a crowded Friday night and had a great time.

The hotel has a good buffet continental breakfast, along with an a la carte hot breakfast to order. We ordered the Irish Breakfast and porridge, both of which were excellent. Overall, the hotel looks very elegant and has a large lounge area behind the front desk with a small bar. There is also a back entrance from the parking lot.

If you are looking for a nice hotel in Galway with great rooms, service and staff, look no further than the Park House.

Room Tip: Quieter rooms are toward the back.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Noo12
Reviewed 7 October 2012

This was one of the places we were guest of when we took our trip to Ireland.We just got back 2 days ago. My husband wanted me to make sure I commended a special person who works there in the dining area for breakfast.Margaret O'Brian. She was so good at her job. But that just isn,t enough to say. She brought the meals to our table with such an infectious smile. And she treated our husbands like they were kings. She instructed myself and the friend with me to treat them like that when we got home . Showing us how to pour the cream on their porridge and putting the sugar in it as well. My husband ate it up!!! Was a joke for the rest of the trip. I would have brought her home with me if I could. Love you Margaret! The rest of the staff were very kind as well. The bell boy, which I didn,t get his name brought us bottles of water to travel with even without asking on our departure.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends