We brought our daughter here with little to no idea what to expect. Well, we were blown away at the view, area and accommodations. The staff was great and wished we could have stayed a couple more days. If we come back to Galway, we will definitely be booking this place again. One thing to know, the parking is limited so rent a small to mid size car if you plan to park on location.
We stayed at this place for 5 nights in mid December 2017.
Staff are extremely helpful, but the apartments have a feel that the owner ran low on monies when doing the makeover. The apartments used to be single hotel rooms, and have been converted to 2 bedroom apartments. On the surface, the finish is good, but there needs to be an attention to detail to bring them up to a standard that they sell themselves as ;-
1. The lighting in the apartments, particularly the kitchen, is very poor. One cannot see in the kitchen properly at night.
2. Rangehood light didn’t work, which contributed to the lack of light in the kitchen
3. No exhaust fans in the bathrooms
4. Windows to second bedroom cannot be opened, nor the blind raised as a walkway at the rear is within feet of the window. Would hate to be in that room in summer
5. Whilst no big deal, there was some sachets of coffee, tea (one tea bag) and sugar. However, salt and pepper shakers were empty and when raised at the front desk was advised that was standard. Ive travelled and stayed in many serviced apartments/houses, and if tea/coffee/sugar are provided, small quantities of salt and pepper are provided
6. The facade of the building needs to be addressed. Understand that one cannot spend monies on something that will not give a commercial return, but the lower floors are utilised for storage.
I guess many of the problems experienced by this place are not uncommon with businesses operating in “seasonal” situations. Would imagine not a lot can be done about reducing fixed costs in the “off season”.
Having said all that, my wife and I still enjoyed our stay, but would hope attention to some of the above could take place
We had read some dodgy reviews and I really didn't know what to expect, but we were very pleasantly surprised. There was only 2-bedrooms available, even tho there was just the 2 of us, but the second smaller bedroom ended up being a great room to put our cases and dry our clothes. And 2 bathrooms was a luxury. Our apartment was #7 and was on the 1st floor (2nd floor, US) so there was noise from the very busy street, but it didn't really bother us. Kitchen fully stocked, washer/dryer washed but didn't dry, but they brought us a drying rack & it was fine, our king bed was very comfortable, bathroom(s) were good and the living room & little balcony were great. Strong wifi. We spent a lot of time people watching, as the beach is right across the street. You can hear neighbors a bit, but not too bad. Free parking, which is a huge plus. The bus stops at the front door and also a taxi stand. We thought it was a great deal and we have no complaints at all. Maybe next time we can book the penthouse!
If you are looking for a romantic, luxury getaway then this is NOT the place. However, if you have kids and you want to be close to the beach and not be worried about them breaking something then this is a perfect place for you. It is a bit worn, but clean. Not quiet, but the views were spectacular and located directly across the street from the beach. The kitchen is not stocked that well so I recommend bringing a frying pan and a sauce pan and a few utensils. There was coffee pot, but there is a good coffee shop next door. Bring some beach towels.