The Galmont Hotel & Spa
The Western Hotel(Galway)(Great Value!)
US$ 270
US$ 244
  • Restaurant
Clayton Hotel Galway(Galway)(Great Value!)
US$ 153
US$ 147
US$ 307
Menlo Park Hotel(Galway)(Great Value!)
US$ 218
US$ 161
Travelocity
Flannery's Hotel Galway(Galway)(Great Value!)
US$ 146
Hotels.com
US$ 234
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
The Coach House Hotel(Oranmore)(Great Value!)
US$ 122
Maldron Hotel Sandy Road Galway(Galway)(Great Value!)
US$ 165
TripAdvisor
2,718 results
All reviewsthe radisson blua business class roomeyre squarelough ataliaoutdoor jacuzzibreakfast buffetthermal suitemodern hotelcity centrestandard roomshop streetleisure facilitiesbar foodgalway baytop classmarinasireland
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

I stayed in the hotel on the 17th of Dec 2016. The taps in the batch did not work a engineer was called at 8.30 that night the batch was fixed. I missed my Christmas party and tried to order food downstairs. They refused to serve me food because another function was on at the time. I could order food and eat it in my room only.

The following morning I was fully charged for the room. When I complained they said they had to charge the full amount but would give me a voucher a free stay in Carson points. I called today and they will not go our the voucher because the hotel gas changed hands. They also said it’s my problem I was charged although they confirmed a engineer and was called in to fix the issue in the room.

The offered 90 discount on a room but I would have to pay the rest as the voucher was over a year ago.

Do not stay in this hotel try the G or another hotel in the city. The service appalling. The girl I spoke to today was so rude although she agreed I was charged incorrectly and it’s my problem and pleas go away or take the small discount offered.

Hope you enjoy Galway..

Imagine five star a hotel with no water in the taps

Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank Marion B
TheGalmontGalway, General Manager at The Galmont Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Dear Marion,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback.

While we do still redeem most vouchers from before our rebrand, unfortunately these vouchers do have a year's expiry date and we can only redeem them within the date on the card.

I'm sorry to hear that you had issues with your stay in 2016 - while we did our best to resolve this quickly and offered a resolution to compensate for the issue, I understand that it is not ideal and affected your stay. While we are a four-star hotel, we do experience problems beyond our control from time to time but always aim to fix these as quickly as possible to prevent any inconvenience to our guests.

I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you to stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I spent five nights here with a tour and found the room very comfortable with nice bedding. The location was great for walks into town and to the Galway Cathedral. The buffet breakfast was truly outstanding! I also enjoyed the majority of the restaurant's fare, but I'd avoid the hamburger....it's dense and dry. Try the Galway Chowder though! Yum, and packed full of seafood. I also thought their fish n chips crispy, fresh and tasty!

Room Tip: Ask for a water view and elevator close by.
Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
TheGalmontGalway, General Manager at The Galmont Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear meowgal,

I'm very pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay with us - thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I'm delighted that you liked the food and had the opportunity to explore Galway during your stay.

I hope that you'll come back to stay with us again very soon.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We are staying here for Easter and we are extremely happy with our choice, the location is excellent, so easy to get into Galway only 3 minuets walk , the staff are lovely and the food is excellent, our room is spacious with a lovely view over Galway Bay #goodchoice

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Mary,

Thank you for staying with us and for leaving us such a lovely review. I'm very pleased to read your kind comments and delighted that you enjoyed your time with us.

We hope that you'll return again to stay with us in the near future.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Reception staff are rude and slow paced, forgetting to tell you obvious things like breakfast times etc. rooms are ok, nothing special and certainly not worth the money. There are far nicer places to stay in Galway. Bathrooms are basic and need an uplift. No snacks available in the bar not even a packet of peanuts. The walk to the hotel can be dodgy. Be mindful of your bag and surroundings!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Nicole,

Firstly, thank you for sharing your feedback - we are always looking for ways to improve so hearing guests' comments is very important to us.

I'm sorry to hear that we didn't meet your expectations on this occasion, especially with respect to the staff, as we pride ourselves on our team and your comments are contrary to the feedback we usually receive - I'll be sure to look into this further, as well as your comments regarding bar food. We do usually provide snacks in the bar and offer a bar bites menu so I'm surprised that this wasn't the case during your visit.

Regarding the walk to the hotel, we would always recommend that guests exercise a healthy level of caution with their belongings, as in any city, but our location is in the centre does not usually cause any issue - I apologise if your experience was different. Please feel free to send us an email with further details on info@thegalmont.com so that we can look into this.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Magnificent hotel - business class room has gorgeous view - bed was massive & so comfortable! Sonia in bar was AMAZING, so genuine friendly & helpful. Steak very good. Spa was fabulous and lovely staff. Will definitely return

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Rebecca,

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to leave a review.

I'm very happy to read that you liked your Business Class room and the view, and your comments regarding the food and our team are much appreciated. We look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.