“Really Close to Downtown”

Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Galway
Ranked #15 of 45 Hotels in Galway
Beacon, New York
“Really Close to Downtown”
Reviewed 11 April 2012

Not my personal taste, but very modern, elegant and clean. Staff is friendly and efficient. Breakfast and dinner was wonderful. Breakfast was buffet, hot and cold, eggs (cooked to order and scrambled), breads, muffins, scones, pastries. Porridge, cold cereal, juices, black and white pudding (black was Irish blood wurst and I forgot what the white was - don't let the name turn you off, it's very good, as long as you don't have a religious thing about blood). Dinner we had lamb and beef. Both were delicious. We were in a group, don't know what the others had and since we were in a group with meals included, I can't really talk about price. We walked downtown, less than 4 blocks to the park and the beginning of the pedestrian street with tons of little shops. It's also less than 1 block to the water (I think it was the Corrib River).

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank dad414
Galwayradissonblu, Sales & Marketing Executive at Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Galway, responded to this review, 26 April 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you kindly for your review and I hope you and all the group really enjoyed your trip to Ireland. I am so pleased you enjoyed your meal and the facilities in the hotel.

If you are ever in Galway in the future, we would be delighted to see you again.

Jennifer O'Grady
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (433)
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 11 April 2012

Stayed in the Radisson last October for one night , Sat. Couple. Hotel was very clean, warm, rooms were spacious, staff friendly. Food in the restaurent and bar were lovely. Breakfast was fabulous the next morning. Fab hotel all round

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank KarenNYNY
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for taking the time to write about our hotel after your break with us last October. I hope that if you are planning a break this summer, you will think of us. We would be happy to welcome you back to the hotel and look forward to seeing you again.

Warm Regards,
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 10 April 2012

I have stayed in this hotel on a number of occasions over the past 3 years for business, and I am becoming more disenchanted with each stay. The location is good for business or the leisure traveller, with underground carparking and a short stroll to Eyre Square, with minimal outside noise encroaching. However, on my last 3 visits, I have had to request to move rooms when i have checked in, due to a buzzing/ vibrating noise from near the coffee/ drinks cabinet. On one occasion this noise woke me from a deep sleep, and when the night porter came to the room, he explained that there is an aircon type electrical fan that starts up during the night, making the glass cabinet shake and vibrate. On my last visit, i tried 3-4 rooms before finding one without the electrical noise. Now this might sound petty, but the constant hum is very distracting when you are trying to work in the room, whereas may not be noticed if watching television, never mind having sleep disturbed when the fan kicks off at 3 or 4 am. The staff has always been accommodating of my requests, and i cannot fault them there.
Food: breakfast in this hotel is great, a very good selection of fresh breads, with a fruit and hot breakfast buffet. The restaurant is very nice, with views over the lake. I do not find the evening menu to be of the same standard - my once favourite tortellini dish has not been of a good standard on recent visits. The sauce is excellent, however the pasta has gone from a fresh homemade texture to something similar to the shop bought frozen tortellini, with the filling dry and without flavour. The bar food is mediocre at best, on my most recent stay my colleagues asian platter starter contained a miscellanous meat skewer product - she thought it was undercooked chicken, the chef insisted it was pork, as per the packaging he took it from!
For the price of this hotel and the meals, the standard of food needs to improve somewhat.

Room Tip: Listen out for the buzzing noise in your room before unpacking your bags!
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Sinead999
Dear Guest,

I am always encouraged when I read reviews such as this as I hope that by sharing your feedback with us, we can bring these issues to light and make changes so that things like this do not arise again. As a loyal customer your feedback is everything to us and I would welcome the opportunity to speak with you regarding your last few visits with us.

I can assure you 100% Guest Satisfaction is our main aim.

Looking forward to hearing from you.
Warm Regards,

jennifer.o'grady@radissonblu.com
Dublin
Reviewed 9 April 2012

The Radisson blue is located within a short walking distance of the Rail & Coach Stations as well as Eyre Square. Bedrooms are superb and swimming pool area is wonderful, including an outdoor hot tub. Thermal Suite in the spa area is lovely and relaxing. However this lovely hotel is somewhat let down by its food, which i found to be lukewarm and just not quite up to the standard one might expect of a four star hotel. There are good eateries nearby, so i wouldn't let that put me off staying here.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank DublinFlyer
Dear Guests,

Thank you kindly for your comments and for choosing the Radisson Blu Hotel. I am delighted that you enjoyed our facilities and thank you for your feedback regarding the food you experienced during your stay. I have passed on this information on the Food & Beverage Manager and Head Chef and can assure you this will be looked into.

I hope we will see you back in Galway very soon for another spa break.

Cork, Ireland
Reviewed 9 April 2012

A group of us stayed in the Radisson apartments for a Hen in March. We stayed in a 2 bed which caters for 4 people. These apartments are very clean with extremely comfortable beds and very spacious. Living, kitchen and a small bathroom are upstairs and downstairs is the bedrooms and a bathroom with shower. One of the bedrooms was also en-suite.
They probably were a bit expensive but between 4 people they were fine (€325 per apartment) and the price included breakfast.
Breakfast was very good with plenty of choice.
We onloy stayed one night and it was for a hen so we didn't avail of use of the leisure centre which I would have liked but I'll be sure to do this next time!
Location is ideal. Next to train station and a very short walk to Eyre Square.
Overall I would recommend the apartments and will return

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
Galwayradissonblu, Sales & Marketing at Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Galway, responded to this review, 26 April 2012
Dear Guest,

It is great to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us. The apartments are ideal for groups and families and I'm sure the next time you visit you will be relaxing in our outdoor hot-tub or lazing in the spa.

Thank you for your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back to Galway very soon.