“Limited menu but a welcome slice of Paris”
Review of Rouge

Rouge
Ranked #67 of 541 Restaurants in Galway
Price range: US$ 22 - US$ 33
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: French food, wine bar (over 80 different types of French wines coming from small vineyards), cheese and cured meat platters, fresh local lobster, fish tank, open late every day. Food served until midnight Established in 2011,offer you French home style cuisine. Influenced by the rich culture we come from of food together with great wines. The idea here in Rouge is sharing.
Reviewed 25 September 2018

Someone I spoke with about Rouge said dismissively that “it’s not much of a restaurant.” I was concerned about my choice, but went ahead with the reservation I’d booked months in advance of my Ireland holiday. Yes, the menu is limited. Depending on which menu you choose, you’ll be limited to beef, fish or lobster, or one of the vegetarian selections. If you need pages of creative spins on chicken, squab, rabbit, veal, lamb or organ meats it’s not a good choice. I chose the filet with pepper sauce from the “Menu Montmartre” and was very satisfied with my meal. A tender well cooked filet with very good pepper sauce, preceded by a chef’s “amuse bouche” presentation, and finished with a wonderful opera cake. As I was dining alone, I was limited to wines by the glass, and tried a couple from the available options. The servers were helpful in their suggestions about which wine I might enjoy. The service was attentive, and it sounded like everyone had just arrived from France last week (though one of the servers admitted she’d been in Galway over 10 years). The ambiance is warm, cozy, intimate. It was a lovely evening, a tasty & satisfying meal, and a delightful little slice of Paris in Galway.

Reviewed 24 September 2018

Great food. Great service.Great wine
We had a fabulous meal here last night and will return when next in Galway. I always book ahead as it can be very busy and is easy to do via their website. Thank you.

Reviewed 12 September 2018

We (6 ladies) had been out of town all day and were hoping for a sit down warm dinner, but kept getting turned away about 915 on a Saturday Evening. The waitress at Oscars advised us to check out Rouge, and we were very surprised! The ambiance was amazing, cozy, romantic, and the piano was delightful! We had to wait about 20 minutes for some tables to get up, but we ended up having an amazing dinner, wine, and conversation. I will be back next time I am in Galway!

1  Thank cmantone
Reviewed 11 September 2018

Four of us dined here on a busy Saturday evening. They offer a small, but varied, choice of fixed priced menu options, at reasonable prices, and the wine selection is very good. From start to finish, the service was excellent and everyone in our party enjoyed their meal. As the restaurant was full, it was a little noisy and we found it difficult to hear each other across the table, but we still had a wonderful time here. Note: they share the recipe for their gorgeous Chocolate Fondant on their website. That's what I call service. Yum!

1  Thank ladytez
Reviewed 2 September 2018

This is the second time I've eaten at Rouge and it was as good as the first time. We started off with an amuse bouche which consisted of vegetable soup, crositini with tapenade, crepe with bechamel and tuna tartare. The soup was gorgeous with a slight curry taste to it, the tuna tartare had a a lttle too much shallot in it and over powered it.
We followed that with two striplons were the highlight o course. I hardly ever order steak out as but in rouge the streak is amazing, already cut into strips for you. My came with an accompaniment of gratin potatoes which were some of the best I've ever had. We ended with the chocolate fondant which took twenty minutes to cook. We were in no rush so didn't mind waiting. It was very good but lacked very much in presentation for the price you pay. The only low point.

2  Thank Leah M