“I have never been in such a rude place in my life”
Review of Galway Bay Hotel

Galway Bay Hotel
Ranked #4 of 46 Hotels in Galway
Reviewed 19 April 2012

Stayed here with my daughter, Mother and Niece sometime back for a short vacation. The hotel is fine and I cannot say to much against it however I have never in all my life come up against such a rude and unaccommodating senior receptionist in my life. She was the one person who ruined our break by not facilitating us with some changes to the room for the two 6 year old girls. She told the children off on several occasions when they were playing and not doing any harm. I got the feeling that this particular person had notions of being the manager. On the other hand the manager of the hotel was very nice. I think the Galway Bay makes exceptions for this particular person and cannot really do much to deal with her.

It's a pity it went the way it did. I also heard other people giving out about this receptionist also.

Room Tip: Front facing
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank WillieEggery
danmurph, General Manager at Galway Bay Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2012

Dear Willie,

Thank you most sincerely for choosing to stay here in the Galway Bay Hotel recently. Thank you also for this feedback. Needless to say, I am terribly embarrassed and most disappointed to read your review. Your experience certainly seems out of character with all on our reception team, indeed all on the hotel team. I can say with confidence that I have never received a comment such as this in the past regarding any member of our team. I have addressed this very serious issue and all on the team have requested that I apologise to you most sincerely – all are most upset to have let both themselves and indeed a very valuable guest of the hotel down in such a way. We live by our Core Values here in the Galway Bay Hotel of which they are very much a part of our everyday culture. Positive Personality and Flexibility are two of these Core Values and these have been addressed as part of our ‘Exceeding Expectations’ training programme – a programme whereby all members of the team attend structured daily training sessions in their respective department with specific emphasis on customer relations at all times. Unfortunately, you did not receive this and once again I do sincerely apologise. I would really welcome the opportunity to liaise with you in person as part my investigation of this very unfortunate issue. Unfortunately, I do not have a reservation under your name listed above and would appreciate it if you could drop me a line at dmurphy@galwaybayhotel.com.

Sincere Regards,
Dan Murphy

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 17 April 2012

Spent a weekend at the Galway Bay Hotel and it was definitely an excellent choice. Staff went out of their way to make you felt as if it was home from home. Got the feeling that they genuinely wanted to as well - not just because a Manager may be watching. Food was not a patch on Masterchef! Need I say anymore. Rooms were fabulous and all at spectacular value. For anyone reading this, STOP and BOOK. I'll definitely be a returning customer!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank Fiona M
danmurph, General Manager at Galway Bay Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2012

Dear Fiona,

Thank you for your very valued feedback and thank you also for choosing the Galway Bay Hotel for your recent rip to Galway.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your time with us and your positive feedback regarding the excellent quality of food, the team and indeed the bedrooms are all very welcome. We look forward to welcoming you back at some stage in the future.

Regards,

Reviewed 17 April 2012

Had a one night stay check in was swift and reception staff were lovely, room was fantastic loads of space with a great seafront view. We had our dinner from the Bar menu which was lovely and the breakfast the following morning was super filled us up for the day.I will definitely stay here again when in Galway

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Ray,

Thank you for your feedback and thank you also for choosing to stay here in the Galway Bay Hotel recently. I am delighted that you enjoyed your time with us.

Your positive feedback regarding the food quality is most welcome. Our newly appointed Executive Chef and his brigade have put huge emphasis on changing and upgrading all menus throughout the hotel and the feedback we are receiving regarding the quality of the menu and food is fantastic.

We look forward to welcoming you back at some stage in the future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 16 April 2012

Was very pleasantly surprised by this beautifully located hotel. We went down last weekend for my friends hen...all 16 of us. I didnt think they would be as welcoming to a hen party at all. Staff were lovely, rooms were spacious, food was superb. Cant fault the place. Would definitely go back.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank amandalawlor

Dear Amanda,

Thank you for your super feedback and thank you also for choosing to stay here in the Galway Bay Hotel recently. All are delighted that you enjoyed your time with us and it will be our pleasure to welcome you back at some stage in the future.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 16 April 2012

I can't believe, as a hen party, how welcome we were made feel. From the moment we arrived until we departed our group were made to feel like vip's. Before we even checked in, the manager, Jonh, had sent us some bottles of bubbly. We laughed how he knew but the veil on our hen gave it away!!
Our rooms were fab, spacious, spotlessly clean and with fantastic views of the bay.
All the staff members were a delight and never passed us without a few words to make sure we were getting on ok. They organised our taxis and as you can imagine a large group of females are very demanding but they catered for our every need! A special thanks to the night porter who satisfied one of our girls craving for a mars bar in the early hours of the morning. It was her hangover fix and he raided the staffs vending machine to come up with the goods he he!
Breakfast, yum yum!! A fantastic choice of hot or cold. And the hot breakfast was always freshly cooked.
Dinner was included in our package and it was mouth watering. The atmosphere in the restaurant was really lovely too and the service was excellent. The free champers and wine with our meal was another delight!
The location was perfect for our mixed group. A walk on the beach during the day for the health conscious and a short taxi ride into the city for the wilder ones!
The whole weekend was fantastic value. €149pp, 2 nights b&b and dinner. With a free room upgrade for the blushing bride. Can wait to return with my family or maybe another girlie weekend is called for. Would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank Sodmammy

Dear ‘Sodmammy’,

Thank you most sincerely for choosing to stay here in the Galway Bay Hotel recently and thank you also for your super feedback.

We are all delighted that you enjoyed your time here with us and you have made John’s day – he is chuffed to be mentioned in such a positive light through such a public medium! We look forward to hopefully welcoming you back at some stage in the future.

Kind regards,