“Not an overwhelming experience”
Review of Galway Bay Hotel

Galway Bay Hotel
Ranked #4 of 46 Hotels in Galway
Reviewed 9 April 2012

Very nice rooms, although our double room was microscopic. Not a very nice location and not a very nice staff. I would not have chosen this for another stay.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
danmurph, General Manager at Galway Bay Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2012

Dear ‘Kornelia-Bul’,

Thank you for your feedback and thank you also most sincerely for choosing to stay here in the Galway Bay Hotel recently.

Thank you for your positive comment regarding the very nice bedroom. All of our guest bedrooms are of the same size and on review of our guest feedback database from over the years (opened in 1998) they have never been commented on as being small. We are located on the promenade in Salthill on the outskirts of Galway City, overlooking the beautiful Clare Hills and the famous Galway Bay with miles of seafront promenade on our door step. We are an extremely popular conference and leisure destination being the ideal base for guests visiting Galway City and exploring the magnificent Connemara area. We have a number of ‘Core Values’ which we live by daily - Positive Personality being our main Core Value and is very much a part of everything we do. I receive approximately 250 pieces of guest feedback on a daily basis and the feedback I receive regarding the team is overwhelmingly positive.

I would welcome the opportunity to chat in person at some stage in the future – please feel free to drop me a line at dmurphy@galwaybayhotel.com.

Reviewed 8 April 2012

We were delighted with the standard of accommodation in Ireland. This hotel in salthill was just by the sea. I'd stay again and enjoyed the friendliness.

• Stayed: March 2012
danmurph, General Manager at Galway Bay Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2012

Dear ‘Muffinhotcake’,

Thank you for choosing to stay here in the Galway Bay Hotel recently and thank you also for sharing your views with us. All on the team are delighted that you enjoyed your time with us and we look forward to hopefully welcoming you back at some stage in the future.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 8 April 2012

I didn't have the best experience in this hotel - when checking in at 2:30pm we were initially told our room wasn't ready yet, then there was hassle about the groupon voucher we were using. A woman I believe was the manager at the time was exceptionally rude and had a terrible attitude toward us from the beginning, there was a lovely girl on reception who was very friendly and helpful but was overshadowed by the other woman there.

The hotel itself is lovely and the views are beautiful but we found the service there only ok. Our room did not have a nice view, we looked out on to the car park and rooms across the way.We ordered breakfast to our room and found it to be only ok.

The treatments we underwent in the beauty salon were lovely and the staff there very nice and skilled so no complaints there.

When checking out we complained about our initial treatment and a manager kindly gave us a free coffee in the cafe - this was a nice gesture but honestly I wouldn't be in any rush back to this hotel.

Reviewed 7 April 2012

Class hotel. I spent a weekend there recently. In a lovely location with great views. The staff were very kind and my room was lovely. I really liked the decor in the bar. I had a curry there on my first night, which was really tasty. Hotel is only a ten minute drive from heart of Galway so it's a great place to stay in if you're planning a night out. Took a lovely walk along the prom across the way from the hotel on the Sunday morning. The breakfast was very tasty on both mornings. I would definitely recommend this hotel for any occasion.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
danmurph, General Manager at Galway Bay Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2012

Dear ‘collthedoll’,

Thank you for taking the time to post this review and also for choosing to stay here in the Galway Bay Hotel on your recent trip to Galway.

It is wonderful to read that you had such an enjoyable stay with us and your positive comments regarding the hotel’s location, the staff, and the food quality both in our hotel bar and at breakfast are most welcome. I am thrilled to view your comments regarding the food quality in the hotel bar – this is a new bar food menu and it is receiving super feedback consistently. Also, I am delighted to hear that you took a walk on the promenade right outside the hotel; this is hugely popular with hotel guests – I hope you kicked the wall at the end of the prom – legend has it that this brings good luck to everybody who kicks it!!

It will be our pleasure to welcome you back at some stage in the future.

Sincere regards,

Reviewed 5 April 2012

The Galway Bay has everything that an excellent hotel needs. Wonderful service, super food, beautiful decor and a fantastic staff. We recently spent two nights in the hotel. We had dinner in the bar and we really enjoyed the meal. Our waiter was particularly friendly and helpful. Our room was spotless and well serviced. We had a beautiful view, overlooking the bay. There is a very friendly and welcoming atmosphere in the hotel, which I always love. I had the full Irish on our first morning and the continental on our second. Both were really tasty. This was our second visit to the hotel and I can safely say that I won't be booking accommodation anywhere else on further trips to Galway.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
danmurph, General Manager at Galway Bay Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2012

Dear ‘CaptainMcS’,

Wow – what a super review! Thank you most sincerely and thank you also for choosing to stay here in the Galway Bay Hotel recently.

I have reviewed your feedback with all on the team and all have requested that I pass on to you our much felt gratitude. We are delighted that all aspects of the hotel were most satisfactory for you – I am so lucky to have such a wonderful team who are so focused when it comes to delivering top class service to all guests consistently – they really are a great team!

We look forward to hopefully welcoming you back at some stage in the future.

Sincere regards,