US$ 212
US$ 177
  • Restaurant
Lynfield B&B(Galway)
US$ 147
Kilbree House Bed and Breakfast(Galway)(Great Value!)
US$ 103
US$ 113
Oranmore Lodge Hotel(Oranmore)(Great Value!)
US$ 107
US$ 97
Kinlay Hostel Galway(Galway)(Great Value!)
US$ 133
  • Breakfast included
US$ 129
US$ 123
US$ 102
US$ 98
Maldron Hotel Galway(Oranmore)(Great Value!)
US$ 113
US$ 110
1,641 results
All reviewscar parkshop streetnice hotelfew minutes walkhen partyeyre squarebreakfast was includedlocation is excellentcentral locationstayed here for two nightslatin quarterwould highly recommend this hotelspanish archirelandhenseuropubs
Reviewed 6 April 2018

My girlfriend and I stayed in the Harbour Hotel when we were in Galway in April. The lobby of the hotel was beautiful and the front desk staff were very friendly. Very nice welcome to the hotel. We had a beautiful little room on the first floor of the hotel. The hotel is located very centrally to the city center and was perfect for a stroll. Our stay included dinner which we had in dillisk that night . The meal was delicious. Chicken skewers and probably one of the best burgers ive ever had(deep fried pineapple who would have thought). My girlfriend loved the breakfast the next morning and I have to say its one of the best selections I have seen from a hotel buffet. The staff are a credit to the hotel all so friendly and really helpful. The only issue was paying for parking but that seems to be the norm in hotels these days. Definitely our choice when returning to Galway again .

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank travelchef2018
HarbourTeamGalway, Operations Manager at Harbour Hotel Galway, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2018

Dear Guest

May I begin by thanking you for staying with us at Harbour Hotel, and also for taking the time to write your very positive review.

It was a pleasure to learn that you thoroughly enjoyed your recent stay with us. Thank you for your lovely comments about our staff which I will be sure to pass on to them.

I am delighted you enjoyed your dining experience in our bar and restaurant Dillisk. We provide our guests with the highest quality of food and service, and I am thrilled you had such a wonderful dining experience.

We will always welcome the opportunity to be of service, and I do hope to welcome you back through our doors in the not too distant future.

Dominik Sietnik
Operations Manager

Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Just returned from a great weekend spent in the Harbour Hotel! As a group of 24 girls on a hen party everyone was in agreement at the fabulous standard of service we received throughout our stay. Nothing was too much trouble for any staff members and a special word of thanks to Ronan the bar man who had the task of doing a cocktail making class with us bunch on our first night which I’m sure was not easy!!! Ronan’s service throughout our weekend was impeccable and he definitely went out of his way to make sure everything was going well for all of us. The food was amazing, especially the breakfast and all the staff were very helpful and attentive. The rooms were also brilliant - very clean and the beds were comfortable. We would all definitely recommend this hotel to anyone. Thanks for a great weekend.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank ldonegal

Dear Guest

Thank you very much indeed for choosing to stay at Harbour Hotel recently, and thank you also for taking the time to write your lovely review.
I’m absolutely thrilled to know that you had an exceptional experience in the hotel and I cannot express how pleased I am with your wonderful description and recommendation of our hotel.
We are very proud of our team here at Harbour and I am delighted that our staff were able to make your stay more comfortable and memorable, they will be so pleased when I pass on your kind words
I am glad our hotel exceeded your expectations and that you enjoyed every aspect of your experience.
Thank you once again for your wonderful praise. It would be my pleasure to welcome you back to Harbour Hotel again, hopefully in the near future.

Dominik Sietnik
Operations Manager

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

We stayed at the harbour this weekend. Hotel and bar is nice. Location is very good. Room was cramped but not really an issue. Had to pay for the car park which is a bit ridiculous considering the cost of the 2 night stay.

The issue is the staff. Individually by and large they were pleasant. However they seem to be oblivious to customers. Had to go up to the bar after waiting 15/20 mins at our table to get someone to take our order, was at the bar for 5 mins as waiting staff walked past me and seemed all flustered even though there was only 10 people in the bar. Then proceeded to give us the wrong food and overcharged us. The evening before I had a pint served to me in a filthy pint glass. Brought to the attention of the server and he proceeded to clean the outside of the glass with a dirty cloth with the beer already in it. He eventually realised this wasnt right and poured a fresh pint.

But the biggest issue was on our last night stay. There was a full on brawl in the lobby between travellers who had been at a birthday. 30 MINUTES later the bar staff decided to call the police. 30 minutes of people beating each other up in a hotel lobby before a member of staff decided it might be a good idea to call the police.

Managment would want to review their training of bar and waiting staff as it is terrible.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
6  Thank Colm T
HarbourTeamGalway, General Manager at Harbour Hotel Galway, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

Dear Guest

I have tried to contact you to discuss your review with no success and with such serious allegations contained in your review I would be most obliged if you would get in touch with me personally to discuss the content of your review

It is disappointing that Tripadvisor allows such reviews to be published with no verification and which can have damaging consequences to our business

I would be most obliged if you would make contact so I can clarify any issues you may have had during your recent visit

Please contact me personally to discuss

Stephen O Connor

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

My visit did not entail an over night stay in the hotel, but i visited for Afternoon Tea. The menu is set so no option to choose your sandwich filling. Which i didnt like. We were seated in the hotel lobby which is cozy & tastfully decorated. Unfortunately during our visit the clearner was hoovering around us for over 40mins. Buzz kill. Major let down on the hotels behave. I understand the job had to be done, but before or after our booking. The food was sitting awhile after prep id imagine. The cheese in the sandwichs was chewy. Desserts was delicious. Presentation was great. Service was scarse. All in all i wouldn't go here for Afternoon Tea again. Parking is validated for 1hr 30mins only.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to give us some feedback on your recent visit to the Harbour Hotel

It is disappointing to hear we did not get everything right on the day and my sincere apologies

We will take your feedback constructively to improve future guest experiences and I would hope that you would give us a second chance

If you wish to discuss further please contact me directly

Stephen O Connor

Reviewed 30 March 2018

We got married in Galway June’17. The Harbour hotel went above and beyond to make our reception wonderful. Emer and her team are amazing! We put our total trust in Emer and we truly appreciate all of her hard work both before and on the day, and her patience with us too. As I was a few weeks pregnant at this stage I was concentrating more on the baby than the wedding. We picked and changed, rearranged etc, and she was right there to help and take over where she could! The hotel was made up beautifully and we were even greeted at the door by the staff with a red carpet! The check in staff were all very kind, the bar men on the night were friendly. The food was AMAZING. Our guests were blown away by the standard and selections of the meal and still mention it to us to this day. The staff were even so helpful as to squeeze in one extra last minute (on the day!) guest and his vegan meal without quibble. The room was set u for us and laid out perfectly, with a few nice touches and a great sweet table too!
Having the Dilisk bar there was great also as our friends and family who stayed with us in the hotel were able to join us for tea and meals. The food was fab and staff super friendly! The rooms were warm, spacious and very clean. The bed was superb too, very comfortable after a long night of dancing! The location was perfect for all of our guests, we wanted them all to be able to walk around and enjoy Galway without the need for taxis etc. Parking was great too.
I would highly recommend The Harbour, and especially Emer, for weddings and parties. We are so thankful she was there to arrange everything for us, and happily surprised by all the little extras she did for us on the day too. The hotel staff really helped to make our day so memorable, they are so friendly and happy to help at all times. Dan at the check in desk was brilliant, he was very professional and warm. He helped us with our room allocations and was always on hand to answer our (many!) questions. Knowing our guests were being cared for after they had travelled hours for the wedding was very important for us, and many commented on Dan’s friendly welcome and swift check in.
We can’t wait to return this year, with our new baby in tow!

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family