“Warning...”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Galway
St. Martin's Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #67 of 187 Galway B&B and Inns
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Warning...”
Reviewed 12 July 2011

This is the first review I have ever given of a place I have not actually stayed in...but this is also the first time the owner of a hotel/B&B has hung up on me mid conversation!

I have been planning a trip to Galway with my parents, who are not familiar with the area and I asked if Mary had any pictures available of the rooms. This caused a tirade about how she "doesn't want anymore stress in her life" and that if anyone needed pictures then she wasn't interested. I tried to explain that we don't need them as such it was just a friendly query in case she had some.....but all I got was "no, no, no - i can't have ANY more stress in my life, no more stress, oh no, no, no , some people come here and want the red carpet out for them, I can't stand it oh, no, no, no.... have dogs to walk, that's the door, i have to go!" Click, then nothing.

I would like to stress that I was nothing but pleasant and that we were in the final stages of finalising the booking. Quite something....

So be warned. By the sounds of it, you will do St Martin's B&B a favour by going elsewhere.

E. Lofgren

Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
6 Thank ELofgren
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
UK
Reviewed 10 June 2011

Always admired from across the bridge and now we got to stay in it. Could not think of anything to better it. The comments are saying it all. Enjoyed it immensely. Miss the dogs though!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 8 May 2011

Proprietor Mary Sexton really helps put St. Martin's over the top. She is warm and welcoming, and very helpful in orienting your Galway visit. Of course the location is not bad either. St. Martin's is right on the river, just a block or so from the center of town -- near music, food and the sweet streets and alley ways of Galway. Great food, good prices. My wife and I and another older couple spent just one night at the B&B. Finding Mary and St. Martin's was the highlight of our visit.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
New York City, New York
Reviewed 17 September 2010

As we approached the place on foot, we saw a sign in the back yard. Mistaking it for one that we had called and that had no availability, my daughter said "I wish that was our B and B." And it was a wish come true. Mary was marvelous in all of the ways others have mentioned; kind, concerned, funny, full of good travel tips and a SUPER host. We loved tea-time (the bread and jam were great) and our perfect room (the one at the top of stairs to the left.) We would go back to Galway just to see Mary. We were away from our pets for a month and Mary let us play with Millie and Rambo (the two best-mannered dogs on the planet.) Thank you Mary! Be nice to her everybody; we want her to keep opening her home to travelers like us. (Mom and 26 year old daughter)

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 10 September 2010

Our stay at St. Martins' was one of the highlights of our trip. Mary and her two precious little dogs made us feel welcome from the moment we stepped over the threshold. She offered us a beautiful tea in the garden where we could unwind from our long drive. And in the morning served a delicious breakfast in one of the most charming dinning rooms. Mary really made the stay special because she clearly cares about her guests. Thank you, Mary!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with friends