“Embarrassing”
Review of Deelys Cafe

Deelys Cafe
Ranked #420 of 471 Restaurants in Galway
Reviewed 5 September 2021 via mobile

The lady taking the orders was acting as if she was tremendously stressed although it was a quiet Sunday afternoon. Pancakes were miserable you’d need a steak knife to go through them also no maple syrup with the bacon and maple syrup option on the menu. My friend waited over an hour for a full breakfast and when he complained we could hear the chef giving out asking if he wanted to make the fry himself. The chef then went on to shout at all of the staff and my friend.

Date of visit: September 2021
Write a reviewReviews (72)

Reviewed 22 July 2021

Food was average enough but priced well. The staff seemed to be under enormous pressure from the chef inside. We were sitting out the front and could hear the chef screaming and arguing with the staff who were doing their best. We could hear aggressive and rude language being shouted at towards the staff members from the chef. Not somewhere I would come again

Date of visit: July 2021
Reviewed 2 July 2021 via mobile

Stopped off here on the 2nd of July around 1.30pm. It was busy but not crowded there were free seats outside, I proceeded inside to the till and asked the girl on the till if it was possible to make your own sandwich (a pretty decent request) to which she rolled her eyes and said “it’s a lot of effort for us but ya whatever I can do it what do you want”. Now, with places being closed for so long I would expect businesses to take any order they can get. She could have simply said “no I’m sorry we can’t do that!” - I would’ve been happy. I was absolutely disgusted with how incredibly rude this girl was to a customer. I turned around and walked back out. That is no way to treat a paying customer. I understand being under pressure as I worked in the industry myself but she was just out right rude and should not be working with people if that is how she’s going to carry on. Absolutely awful experience and from reading recent reviews it looks like the staff are rude anyways. Management needs to speak with the young lady I dealt because she was just awful.

1  Thank karenbrennann
Reviewed 20 June 2021

Went to Galway today stopped in the cafe, they messed up my order and I was told that I was wrong and such. Rude staff but to be fair it’s management which is the problem as they were clearly understaffed. Food scrapes average but really never met such rude staff and this is my first tripadvisor review. I would recommend if you could find any other place to eat in Galway to go there.

2  Thank jasonwI4380HD
Pamela D, Owner at Deelys Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2021

Hi Jason Thank you for your visit. Apologies that your order was mixed up and that you perceived our staff as rude. We were under immense pressure at the weekend but we did try our very best to serve everyone as they wish and as they deserve.

Reviewed 19 June 2021

Awful place. The service was shocking, ignored us the whole time and they seemed like it was an inconvenience to serve us. The smoothies had huge lumps in them. Three of us had finished our food, when my friend was served her pancake. The sandwich was soggy. Served my friend cows milk when she’s lactose intolerant. The staff don’t know what customer service is. Plus they don’t serve water. 1/10

1  Thank emer389393
Pamela D, Owner at Deelys Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2021

Hi Emer thank you for your visit. We take orders at the till inside rather than having people waiting on the terrace too long. Apologies your group didn't receive the full order at the same time but as is the case with most group orders it proves impossible sometimes for our chef to do this! Hopefully if you come again it will be a better service experience for you and your friends. Apologies again.