“Great food”

Cuisines: French
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 10 November 2013

Lovely friendly restaurant with good value early bird menu. Have eaten there numerous times and never been disappointed

Reviewed 28 October 2013

I sang the praises of this restaurant to my daughter as I had eaten there with a friend and thoroughly enjoyed every single thing. Alas on our visit which lasted 90 mins and that was due to long delays from chef and there was only one other couple there.
She opted for the steak and when she had finished it declared that it was a good job she was on a diet.I orderered a French onion soup, call it by any other name but not that. It was tasteless and the colour was all wrong. I left it and wasnt asked why. I had the beef bourguignon I thought that there was a strong taste from it but hunger won out. Boy was I sorry I spent the rest of the evening writhering with cramps in my stomach. I could see that the name has changed and the decor inside has changed and most likely the chef has changed and not all for the good. The new decor gives the chef a window to look at the tables etc, maybe he should concentrate on his job more.

2  Thank Rustydancer
Reviewed 2 October 2013

Busy spot in Glasthule ... even early on a Saturday night it was booked out. I had a lovely starter of black pudding croquettes with a divine pear coulis, and my husband had a fab tiger prawn salad. The fillet steaks were delicious perfectly cooked and could be cut with a fork !! Our desserts of Rhubard crumble and chocolate mousse finished off a lovely meal.
Staff at Tribes are very friendly and efficient ... overall well recommended

1  Thank amandpm
Reviewed 9 September 2013

We hadn't planned on going to Tribes but were glad we ended up there.

It was a rare night out in June, with two young kids it can be hard to get leave the house, we had originally booked a different restuarant however the kids weren't playing ball and by the time they settled we'd missed our booking.

We'd been to Tribes before with a gift voucher and were very impressed.

So its pushing 10PM on a Sauruday night, we chance our arm and ring Tribes..."Not a bother" they say, come on down.

We get in at about 10 to 10, theres still a few people there, we're greeted by a friendly manager and waiter.

They were so accomodating and nice to us, the food was great, they had an all night set menu for about 27 euro. We had a bottle of wine plus some and a brilliant night.

These people know how to make their customers feel welcome, I'd recommend Tribes any day of the week.

1  Thank Ruairi C
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Having visited this restaurant on different days and different months I commend it for its creativity, high standard of cooking and excellent value for money.