“A great night”

Cuisines: French
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 9 September 2013

We hadn't planned on going to Tribes but were glad we ended up there.

It was a rare night out in June, with two young kids it can be hard to get leave the house, we had originally booked a different restuarant however the kids weren't playing ball and by the time they settled we'd missed our booking.

We'd been to Tribes before with a gift voucher and were very impressed.

So its pushing 10PM on a Sauruday night, we chance our arm and ring Tribes..."Not a bother" they say, come on down.

We get in at about 10 to 10, theres still a few people there, we're greeted by a friendly manager and waiter.

They were so accomodating and nice to us, the food was great, they had an all night set menu for about 27 euro. We had a bottle of wine plus some and a brilliant night.

These people know how to make their customers feel welcome, I'd recommend Tribes any day of the week.

1  Thank Ruairi C

Reviewed 3 September 2013

Having visited this restaurant on different days and different months I commend it for its creativity, high standard of cooking and excellent value for money.

Reviewed 1 September 2013

Tribes has to be among the best restaurants (in an affordable price range) in Dublin. The pan-fried mackerel is great - with the only downside being the portion side is on the generous side (and I couldn't help but eat it all!) so I was a bit full by the times the mains came out. The early bird menu is a great deal. And the service was really friendly. Definitely worth a visit. I will be back soon.

Reviewed 15 July 2013

Had gorgeous meal which was very well presented. Very well run restaurant with very pleasant staff and owner very attentive but not over powering. It was our second time there and will be back. The only one negative thing I have to say is that there was very little choice in veg. Love my brocoli, cauliflower but both times not available !! Pity.

Reviewed 15 July 2013

I had heard really good things about this place in the past. I wasn't blown away but don't want to be too critical as maybe I was hoping for too much.
The special starter of black pudding with apple and onion was pretty ordinary. Tasted like black pudding I'd have at home. However the duck liver parfait was very tasty. As was my main of pork belly. However the sauce on it tasted like a packet of knorr oxtail soup. The chocolate dessert was ok but was too heavy and seemed like it had been waiting in the fridge for a while. The service was good - bringing extra toast to finish off the parfait was a nice touch.
Having a carafe option as well as either a glass or bottle of wine was also appreciated.
Overall good