“An Eyeopener”
Review of Sova Vegan Butcher

Sova Vegan Butcher
Ranked #72 of 2,935 Restaurants in Dublin
Reviewed 7 November 2018

We dined here recently on the advice of a friend who is an "influencer" and a strict vegan. We are both meat eaters and had never experienced a complete vegan meal before. So I went with me pre-concieved ideas about Veganism. Boy, was I wrong? Seroiusly wrong!! The food experience was fantastic. This experience completely and uttertly changed my thinking about vegan food and its pleasures. we had two courses the starters were an eggplant tower and "Skallops". Both dishes were excellent. The clarity intessity and purity of flavours was really impressive. Both dishes we said we would go back for alone!! Our main courses were just as good. The "Burger" was so impressive and the "stuffed Pork" (obviously not pork) were remarkable. Again the attention to flavour and textures made for two really good main coourses. If I had a critism it would br that the portion for the pork main course was simply too great.
I could not contemplate a dessert even after leaving a good portion of my main course behind. Service was warm and friendly even though under pressure. We dined early at 6pm and the place was ful. By the time we left at 7.30 the tables were all turning. Clearly the person or persons behind this restaurant are passionate about what they do and they deserve all the success they get and more. we will go back and already we have told so many people about this little gem. If you want a fancy resturant with all the frills of luxury and pampered service then dont go here. But if you want an excellent meal experience served by nice friendly people in a very convivial athmosphere where the quality and ingenuity coming out of the kitchen is so good, then you have found the perfect place. Well done and thank you

Date of visit: November 2018
1  Thank Meath61

Reviewed 6 November 2018 via mobile

Had dinner here with a friend. The food was good and well presented - the cheesecake was just amazing and you wouldn't believe it was vegan! The staff was very friendly and attentive.

Reviewed 31 October 2018

I have enjoyed a vegan and gluten-free burger which was very good, with portobello mushrooms and lots of good salad. They have a quite small menu which shows that the food they offer is homemade. I also had a green smoothie that they made special for me with mango instead of mango, it was delicious and the waiter was helpful and kind. Their vegan cheesecake wasn't bad but not creamy enough in my opinion, I've tasted better.
I really recommend this place in Dublin, cause I find it hard to find clean food options in this city, It is better than the "famous" vegetarian restaurants, I can tell because I pay a lot of attention in terms of quality and taste when it comes to food. Plus, there is a nice little coffee bar "Reference Coffee" next to the restaurant, with oat milk option.

Reviewed 22 October 2018 via mobile

We booked after reading the reviews. My wife is vegan and I occasionally dabble! So we were both intrigued to try their dishes as they try try to replicate conventional dishes with vegan ingredients.
Atmosphere was great - small, basic restaurant on two floors, quite crammed in but not uncomfortably so (just close enough to overhear conversations and comment on one another’s food!).
Food was just brilliant - so much thought and creativity has gone into each dish. We both had the skallops for starter; really clever use of ingredients. We then had the stuffed pork and a cheeseburger for mains - again amazing given the ingredients hadn’t seen an animal and no hint of Quorn or McCartney!! Too full for desserts so settled for soya lattes.
Service was great and the team were really happy to talk about the ingredients too. Would love to return to try other dishes!

Reviewed 21 October 2018 via mobile

I went here with a friend. She is vegan I and I am not. I thought the menu was really different in fact I didn't really know what I was ordering but I loved it when it arrived at my table. I hope to go again.