“Lovely Rathmines restaurant”

Price range: US$ 6 - US$ 19
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery
Reviewed 18 December 2016

We had our first meal in Ireland in Jo' Burger and we were definitely not disappointed.

The choice was excellent (although lacks plain options for fussy eaters like myself), and the atmosphere was amazing. The restaurant is laid back with a really nice vibe, the music playing was original, the menus were inside old books and the food, cutlery and bill were presented in a very original way which all added to the experience. My partner and I were amazed as we had never experienced something like this before!

When our burgers arrived (very promptly), they were huge and really filling, and the chips and sweet potato fries we ordered were also lovely! There isn't much choice for drinks but we were given a bottle of ice cold water as we entered so we drank that!

Staff were very nice and polite ~ nice job Jo' Burger!

1  Thank Beth S
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 19 October 2016 via mobile

No other words to describe this other than "wow"!
Who doesn't love a good burger? Well not only is this a GREAT burger, but the many ways in which to have it are phenomenal.
From adding bacon, to eggs, various cheeses, salads, and not to mention bun or tortilla, the options fantastic!
Add to that a very friendly service. I shall be returning here many times with family and friends!!

Reviewed 28 September 2016

I was a Jo'Burger on my last night in Dublin. I enjoyed the process of creating my own burger by choosing the bread, type of meat or veggie burger to put inside, and sauces. But when I finally got my dinner, together with some very good red potato fries, it turned out it was too much. I need now to make one thing clear: I am a very good eater. I always manage to eat everything in front of me. I eat a lot. But the hamburger and the fries were so much, that after some time I felt no pleasure in eating anymore. I could not finish the fries and left the place exhausted.
However, it tasted good and the live dj was a nice idea.

Reviewed 29 August 2016

I enjoyed the experience when jo burger first opened, but years later, I return and order a plain burger with fries with the homemade lemonade. I found the hamburger of poor quality, too much salt, and too much bread in the bun. I like the menu, how it is presented in a book, and the weight of the glasses to go with TAP Water, which I would rather not drink in Dublin. I was told by the manager/waiter/chef/multi tasking every role - that they do not do bottled water! Just tap water...

I realise the menu is designed to be cooked and served by one place running the whole joint on their own, especially when it is quiet on a Sunday after Lunch Time. So I enjoyed the lemonade, but I was told by the person who I invited as a guest, he too agreed with me, that their is far too much salt in the burger meat. He gave 5 stars for the homemade lemonade, where I would give 3 stars as if with Tap Water, not much good, if looking to have it with still water! although it is served with sparkling water, I wonder if the ice is made from the tap water or spring water? Spring water ice is now available in some supermarkets believe it or not. The venue is for fun! when not thinking about your health in such a big way, go for it! as a once off! but a salt free option would be great, not just on the menu, but mentioned by the servers. to give a few options, such as salt free, gluten free, such things, to offer alternative burgers - veggie burgers, rather than just letting customers choose from the menu, do try to inform customers to make better choices - if being vegan is better for the environment!

Reviewed 26 August 2016

The music in this place is horrible. It is loud and sounded like someone alternating between someone beating on a bucket and hitting a cowbell. I could have stood it for a little while but it went on and on and on. I ended up leaving and my husband brought the food to the hotel. The food wasn't very good either.