“Small independent restaurant with great food.”
Review of The Green Hen

The Green Hen
Ranked #306 of 2,822 Restaurants in Dublin
Price range: US$ 23 - US$ 52
Cuisines: French, Irish
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Neighbourhood: South City Centre
Description: Busy City Centre Bistro offering all day dining from 12 noon Fully Licensed, great cocktails and extensive wine list Private dining for groups of up to 30 available
Reviewed 12 June 2018 via mobile

Found this place by accident and were lucky to get a table without booking. Lovely ambiance , great service and very good food. Would definitely go back!

Reviewed 10 June 2018

We stopped for dinner and sat outdoors, which gave us some excellent people watching and a little second hand smoke. Our meals were very good and service was great.

Reviewed 7 June 2018

Highly recommend this restaurant – for the food and the great service!
My parents, my husband and I went for dinner last Sunday evening and when we arrived, we were seated close to a large group of 20 people who were happily noisy but very loud to be sat next to! It was a busy night for the restaurant but when I asked the staff if we could be moved, they acted very quickly in a friendly manner and prepared a table for us upstairs which we were gratefully moved to! We then proceeded to have a lovely meal (the gnocchi dish was amazing!) and our Venezuelan waiter was so friendly and interesting to chat with!
It was my second time there and won’t be my last!
Thank you to all the staff for your help.

Reviewed 4 June 2018 via mobile

Ate here recently with a large group and we had an area upstairs to ourselves with a very friend waiter. Had the gnocchi and it was really nice, slightly disappointed with the dessert as I went for the profiteroles and from the menu I was expecting a fancier dish but they were tasty. Everyone at the dinner was really happy with their food.

Reviewed 1 June 2018 via mobile

Make sure you stop here for dinner. Chucartarie platter was great for two. The best steak I had in Ireland. Service was suburb and the ambiance was great.