“Fantastic ”

Price range: US$ 23 - US$ 52
Cuisines: French, Irish
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: South City Centre
Description: Busy City Centre Bistro offering all day dining from 12 noon Fully Licensed, great cocktails and extensive wine list Private dining for groups of up to 30 available
Reviewed 29 May 2018 via mobile

With its unique atmosphere filled with theatre and movie stars who have dined here . Excellent fresh fish dishes - a glorious meal with attentive staff and food served with expert chefs . A tremendous evening - hours spent here . Superb . Many thanks . Recommend

Reviewed 29 May 2018 via mobile

The place was decorated as if you were at Grandmas house. The food was simple and fresh. The staff was outstanding. We had to wait a bit for the check because the place filled up suddenly. When they brought the check the gave us a free desert drink.

Reviewed 26 May 2018 via mobile

We spent a week in Dublin and struggled to find somewhere nice to eat, that would not clear out our bank account.

Green Hen was ideal. Just what we were looking for. The service from the moment we arrived was fabulous. Our starters, mains, cheese board and dessert were delicious.
Not overly priced.
So good to eat a lovely, meal after a week of over cooked veg and tourist food.

Reviewed 21 May 2018

Went here for dinner on Friday night and after hearing so many amazing things we were really looking forward to it. For starters I had the goats cheese and beetroots which was nice, It could have had a bit more beetroot in it. Himself had the fois gras which he wasn't really a fan of. For mains I had the marinated tofu which was really good and himself had the fish special which he didn't think was that great. He felt it was very bland and lacking in flavour. We shared a cheeseboard for dessert. One of my gripes in restaurants is cold cheese on a cheeseboard and unfortunately the cheese was cold when it came out. Overall I didn't think it was great value for €120

Reviewed 20 May 2018

I have enjoyed several meals in this restaurant, but was very disappointed on my visit last Wednesday. The starters were delicious, the staff were very pleasant. My husband ordered the burger, which he enjoyed. I ordered fish and chips. The fish arrived encased in a heavy blanket of batter. When I attempted to remove the batter, in the hope of finding a nice piece of fish, it was to find that the fish appeared to have more or less disintegrated, and I spent some time extracting small bits of fish. I would have mentioned it to the staff, but my husband hates a fuss, so I stayed quiet! However, it was obvious that I had only eaten a tiny portion but the staff did not comment. Disappointing visit!