“lovely”

Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
“lovely”
Reviewed 19 April 2012

was here ages ago, in 2002? but still remember the food and I loved the stone walls

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Dublin
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great for special occasion”
Reviewed 17 April 2012

The Food was amazing..as was the service(very professional)

• Visited March 2012
Cork
“Great food and a brilliant experience”
Reviewed 14 April 2012

From the moment we walked in the door we felt so welcomed and appreciated as guests by Martin and all the rest of the staff. We were first invited to take a seat in their bar area for a pre-dinner cocktail. They range in price from €12-€18 so not cheap but the passion fruit one I had (from the cheaper end of the spectrum) was incredible.

The options for dinner are the tasting menu for €80 or a 4 course menu for €65. We went for the 4 course- and were definitely very full afterwards. I had tapioca, with black garlic and peas to start which was gorgeous- I decided to go outside my comfort zone and was delighted. It was a stunning dish. My partner had a carrot starter with sesame crackers which was also great. Next I had the scallops- the presentation of this dish was wow! The scallops were covered in foam and mousse and I'd never tasted scallops so sweet. My partner had fois gras which he said was delicious. For main course I had John Dory, with lobster which was delicious. My partner had rabbit, which he'd never eaten before. The presentation of this dish was again incredible. There was roast loin, leg and rabbit liver parfait- all tasted wonderful. The desserts were also fabulous- I had an apple dessert, with sponge and meringue- all arranged incredibly and the flavours were stunning. My partner had the chocolate dessert which was also great. We just had one glass of wine each but for wine lovers they seem to have a brilliant sommelier, having overheard his recommendations for neighbouring tables.

All the staff that we encountered on our evening were brilliant- they genuinely seemed appreciative of our business and the entire experience, as well as the fabulous food made for a wonderful evening. We have eaten in 2 Michelin star restaurants before- another in Dublin and also in Edinburgh and I think this pipped them both. It is definitely well worth the money as a treat. We are already trying to come up with a special occasion so we have an excuse to go again soon!

• Visited April 2012
“Five Star Dining”
Reviewed 13 April 2012

This five star restaurant is situated just off O'Connell street but don't let that put you off. It's truly a fine dining experience whether it be lunch or dinner. It's not cheap but you can indulge in the finest of food at lunch time for half the price of evening menu and it will probably entice you to go back and pay for dinner, it's that good. Contemporary/modern interior with excellent staff who are unintrusive

• Visited September 2011
“A real treat”
Reviewed 12 April 2012

Very enjoyable lunch here. Calm, cool surroundings. Well worth the money.