“Great value once we got here!”

Travelodge Dublin Airport South Hotel
Ranked #106 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
Solihull, United Kingdom
“Great value once we got here!”
Reviewed 18 January 2012

Got the room for 32 euro (24 pound) online. Was a big room, unexpected from a usual travelodge room. Nice and quiet sleep!
Would help if on the website they gave the area instead of 'Airport North' & 'Airport south' as this caused confusion and ourselves 20 euro more than it should of!

Room Tip: Make sure you specify which travelodge you want to go to with the taxi driver!
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Rob S
Travelodge_Manager1, Manager at Travelodge Dublin Airport South Hotel, responded to this review, 21 February 2012
Dear Rob S,

Thank you very much for taking time to write a review about our hotel. We greatly value our guests feedback.

I'm pleased you enjoyed your stay however I fully take on board your comments about highlighting the location of our hotel a little better as to not cause confusion with our sister Hotel, Dublin North Travelodge. I will try to solve this ASAP on our website.

We look forward to seeing you again,

Kind regards,

Laura and The Travelodge Team.
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 16 January 2012

I stayed here on Monday the 2nd of January. I was staying here on business. I phoned the hotel directly looking for a good room rate. The receptionist informed me that the cheapest rate that i could get was 32.50 euro per room on travel lodge.ie

I booked two single rooms for myself and my colleague.

We checked in around 6pm and were welcomed by a female receptionist with blonde hair. She was extremely friendly and welcoming.

The bedrooms are modern in style and very comfortable. They would be clean as well. The only complaint was that there was an old towel hanging behind the bathroom door.But the house keepers would not have noticed this unless they closed the bathroom door when they were cleaning the bathroom

They do not provide shampoo or bath gel in the bath rooms. Once you know that in advance you are alright. You cannot complain because the room rates are such good value. They do have vending machines on the ground floor opposite the lifts with snacks, drinks and toiletries. In case you dont have any shampoo with you.

Their was a complimentary underground car park for residents.

I had the large breakfast and my colleague had the mini breakfast. The large breakfast was massive and i could not finish it all. I think next time if i stayed their I would go for the mini breakfast.

Their is a take away pizza place next door if you are looking for food.

The location is a bit run down but it is good for a stop over on the way to or from the airport.

I would stay here again as it was great value for money. Friendly staff and I had a good night sleep.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back of the hotel
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
4 Thank ILOVEHOLIDAYS2009
LouiseManager, Manager at Travelodge Dublin Airport South Hotel, responded to this review, 17 January 2012
Good Afternoon,

Thank you for taking the time out to write a review of our hotel. I am happy to see that you found our hotel up to your standards.
I will take your comments onboard and will bring them to the attention of our housekeeping team to make sure that they are extra vigilant in their housekeeping tasks.
Once again Thank you for your comments and I do hope that we will see you back again in the not too distant future.

Donegal
Reviewed 14 January 2012

Spent one night here with two mates. Very clean, very cheap, no complaints.
Staff very friendly and down to earth, especially Joanna B who helped us out so much, she was absolutely fantastic. Would stay here again

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank George P
Good Afternoon,

Thank you so much for taking the time out to write a review..... I will pass on your kind words to Joanna B, she will be delighted with your kind words,

Wexford, Ireland
Reviewed 3 January 2012

This hotel cost me only €32 to stay in for one night during the busy Xmas period. Pay another €10 ( I think) and you could have late check out or early check in. This hotel is located very close to the airport itself, if you've your own car there is a safe secure underground car park behind the hotel which is clearly signposted. The rooms are clean, beds are comfy and the staff are very helpful and courteous.

Room Tip: Park in the car park first. Then check-in.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
3 Thank Tony S
Good Afternoon,

Thank you for taking the time out to write a review for our hotel........

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and I will pass on your compliments to the rest of the team,

Boca Raton, Florida
Reviewed 26 December 2011

I liked this hotel very much, we stayed here from Dec 10th to Dec 12th as part of our honeymoon through Europe. The hotel is outside of downtown Dublin which makes it a lot less noisy than if you were in the city center. There is a bus stop right out front so it's easy to get into town. Rooms were light, bright, big and clean. I LOVED the tub. :) Staff was always helpful and the food in the restaurant is excellent, I recommend the chicken curry! Only reason I didn't five 5 stars is I felt the bed and pillows were uncomfy.

Room Tip: Pick one facing the courtyard, seems to be less noisy~
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank kballeng
Good Afternoon,

Firstly, Thank you for taking the time out to write a review of our hotel.

I am delighted to read that you had a great stay with us and I do hope that some day you will return and visit us again. I will pass on your compliments to the rest of the team,

Louise and the Travelodge team.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dublin
Kilmainham
Sheldon Park Hotel
Sheldon Park Hotel
#67 of 151 in Dublin

Been to Travelodge Dublin Airport South Hotel? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK