“Good introduction into the history of Dublin”

Pat Liddy's Walking Tours of Dublin
Ranked #49 of 259 Tours in Dublin
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: We are a well-established and award-winning walking tour company with a host of well-trained and highly-acclaimed tour guides who will share their passion for Dublin with you. All our tours have been designed by Pat Liddy himself, a renowned writer, illustrator and local historian. We will help you experience Dublin in its own unique way, from the famous highlights to the hidden gems. Our tours, scheduled and private, strive to introduce visitors and Dubliners alike to the wonder and uniqueness that is Dublin. Through intriguing histories and charming stories our professional guides will engage all the senses with the heart throb that is Ireland’s capital city, from its medieval origins right up to its modern incarnations. We all love our city and we are passionate that you will come to share our enthusiasm, discover the city’s treasures, both famous and hidden, and bring back home some very happy memories.
Reviewed 18 March 2018

We were a group of six, three Dubliners, two French, and one English. I would consider myself fairly knowledgeable about my city and country, but our guide, Mairead, contributed substantially to my existing store of knowledge!! She was enthusiastic, had lots of interesting anecdotes, and was well up for a bit of banter. We all felt that it was a very worthwhile venture, and I would happily undertake further walks with this group..
I would recommend this Pat Liddy tour to both visitors and locals.

All reviews
"historical facts"
"your bearings"
in 5 reviews

Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

It was a wonderful day. Pauline, the guide, made the tour so interesting and provided many stories with great passion. I really enjoyed it. Thank you.

Reviewed 16 March 2018

So we booked this tour that is only offered four times a year, In the Footsteps of St. Patrick. The tour says we'll learn things that no even people live in Dublin know. I highly doubt that. We'd been on two tours thus far and didn't learn much new. Yes, a few things but the tour was more about the Viking settlement and then a few tidbits about the city and the churches. Our tour guide walked FAST. I heard people comment to him abou this speed and he knowledge he walked fast but didn't slow his pace.

MagdaDublin_Ireland, Owner at Pat Liddy's Walking Tours of Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2018

That's unfortunate. I mentioned to the guide that he walked too fast and maybe the bitterly cold weather was a factor. I'm also disappointed that you feel you didn't learn all that I had put together for him to impart to you. If he had you would have been more impressed. I can only review this with him and seek to make improvements. My apologies. Pat Liddy

Reviewed 16 March 2018 via mobile

This tour was not what I expected. Thought it would be about St Patrick and his time in Ireland, but it was another city tour. Our guide (Noel) sped from site to site. When told he walked too fast he stated "yes I know" and kept the same pace. The tour route is not very convenient for you cross a very busy street so they talk for a couple minutes then cross it again, when you could have walked down the street and not had to cross the street at all.

I would not recommend this tour for it is not about St Patrick but it is another south side city tour. There are better city tours than this one. Also you need to be a fast walker to keep up and hear all what the guide talks about.

Our apologies. Noel is normally a great guide. This tour and the cold weather must not have been his forte on this occasion. I have since told him that we received a complaint about his 'speeding' and I will talk to him about the other aspects too. I'm very sorry that our usual high standards seemed to slip on this occasion. However, will will try to put things right regarding these matters into the future. Many thanks for your review. Pat Liddy.