ABC House
US$ 262
US$ 234
Orbitz.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewscity centresecure parkingdrumcondra roadthe bus systemguest houseskylon hotelbus stopclose to the airportbusy roadcooked breakfastdublin airportbit dateda lovely stayyogurtbreakfast roombuseshosts
Reviewed 29 June 2012

I stayed at ABC for a couple of nights at the start of my trip. I thought it was difficult to locate. I could hear snoring in the room next door. I was surprised that they charged for 'cooked' breakfast items. I have stayed in my share of B & B's and that was a first. I would only stay here again in a pinch. They do have excellent private parking.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 June 2012

Stayed at ABC house this weekend just gone as we were there to see Westlife at Croke Park. The bed was cosy and it was just used to get our head down and we ate out every night. The only thing that bothered me was other guests ignorance. They obviously feel they pay there money to make as much noise as possible until well into the night. We stayed in Room 4C, which is based at number 53. As a base it is what you would expect from any B&B size wise. We ate out for breakfast and dinner and everywhere is pretty much priced the same, especially around the temple bar area, expect to pay 12Euro for Burger and chips, but it was a decent and pure beef burger. A good 40 minute walk to town and we are quick walkers.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 June 2012

I stayed at ABC for two nights at the beginning of my trip, and then one night at the end of my three week trip. It is very easy to get to/from the airport, and is a good base for exploring Dublin especially if you have a car as it is outside the city center, which means the traffic is a bit lighter which is very good if you are not accostomed to driving on the left! It is about a 20 minute walk to the city center. I did not use the buses, but there is a bus stop right in front of the property. I found everyone to be very friendly and helpful. Mary even helped me carry my bags upstairs. I loved the breakfast. It was a trip driving on the sidewalk a bit to park on the little path in front of the house! The only negative aspect is that while they do have free wifi, you only get a decent connection in the family room. Overall, I was very happy with ABC.

Room Tip: I was a single traveler, and booked a single room. It was definitely small, but for just myself it was just fine.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 June 2012

cant even rate this place had to park on the path outside the property, no welcome as other people describe, entered the house its was dingy and tatty shown up stair to a room that you could not swing a cat in, an old tv stuck on top of the wardrobe and a shower cupbord that was mouldy and that my husband could only just fit in. This was our first trip to Ireland and we were going to stay there on the way back for 3 days, but cancelled it .Nothing like the picture on the website .

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank b-carley
Reviewed 22 June 2012

I recently spent 5 nights at ABC house, having stayed there previously in 2008. Nothing much has changed - its still the best in my opinion.! Other reviewers have mentioned ease of access via public transport to and from the Airport and City centre, the cosy ,comfortable accomodation , the filling Irish breakfasts, and the hospitality and general helpfulness afforded by Mary, Liz and Joseph.

Its also well placed for visits in the local area to Croke park stadium, home of the GAA museum and well worth a visit for anyone with a passing intrest in sports in general - make sure you take the guided tour ! I also walked from ABC house to Glasnevin Cemetery , were many famous names from Irish history are buried and their histories explained in the museum there. Again , well worth an afternoon of anyones time, and do take a guided tour . And from there I sampled some REAL Irish craic in the adjacent Gravediggers Pub, and after a good few pints managed to walk back to ABC house.

So I would recommend ABC house to anyone, I will certainly be back.

Thanks again to Mary Liz Joseph and the staff for making my time in Dublin so enjoyable

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo