“Top class hotel, top class staff..”
Review of The Croke Park

The Croke Park
Ranked #7 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
co galway, ireland
“Top class hotel, top class staff..”
Reviewed 2 March 2012

stayed here with a friend at the weekend. we were after a relaxing, stress free time, theatre and a little sight seeing, which is exactly what we got. the rooms were spotless and beds very comfortable.
every member of the hotel staff can be commended on their professionalism and courteous manner. they were friendly and genuine and made us feel more than welcome.
breakfast was very nice and dinner was excellent.
we were very happy with the location, in fact it was a lovely 10/15 minute walk to o' connell street. we normally stay in a more central hotel for the night life, but for the price of a short taxi drive I'll be staying here in future.
highly recommend it.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank irishtravellerxx
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (501)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Drammen
Reviewed 2 March 2012

Location: Croke Park Hotel is located between Dublin airport and the city centre, 5 minutes walk from the Drumcondra bus stop on the 16A bus line, which is a direct local bus line between O'Connell street (the city centre) and Dublin Airport. A taxi ride to the airport on a heavy traffic day was €22. The hotel is served by a shuttle bus that takes you directly to the start of the Dublin Bus sightseeing tour, which is a great way not only to get to the major attractions, but also for getting around in the city, before you get to know the regular bus network. I would recommend you get multi-day tickets for both the Dublin Bus Tour and for the regular Dublin Bus. The hotel itself is in a quiet street with close to no noise.

Service: The staff was friendly, always helpful, flexible, present but never intrusive. Perfect.

Quality: We booked a Standard Family Room. What we got was not the usual double room with a couple of child beds tucked into a limited space, but a spacious room with two full-size double beds, a desk, three bedside tables and another table+chair, tv set, radio/cd-player, plenty of clothes space, ironing board, hair drier, mini-bar. Plus a spacious bathroom with large shower cabin and a separate bath tub. All clean and neatly decorated.

Because we had pre-paid the room, no credit card was required for check-in. So by default pay-services and mini-bar was inaccessible, which is kind of nice when you have kids in the room and don't want to tempt them with a rich mini-bar.

The public areas were separated in such a way that we actually felt like hanging out in the lobby, tv room or restaurant for a while. Breakfast was very nice, and the few dishes we tried for dinner were also great. I can recommend the beef guinness.

This is one of the cheapest hotels I have stayed in, so I was surprised to discover that it was also the best.

Also, I could not have enough of Dublin and the Irish, and I am even planning to celebrate St. Patrick's Day this year...

Negative: That I can't go back to Croke Park Hotel until next year, I have no more holiday left...

Room Tip: Check Otel.com, they offered us a much better price than the others.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Lightborn
CrokePark_Manager, Manager at The Croke Park, responded to this review, 5 March 2012
On behalf of the entire team here at The Croke Park Hotel, I would like to take this opportunity to sincerely thank you for your most kind and detailed review regarding your recent experience with us. All of my team and I were greatly humbled by your kind words. As is the case with all businesses, the greatest advertising we can aspire to is that of “word-of-mouth” from our loyal, regular customers.

It is my goal to retain you as a satisfied customer and will hope to serve you again in the future. If there is anything else I can be assistance with, please feel free to contact me.

Kent
Reviewed 28 February 2012

I stayed here with my partner in January. All the staff were polite, friendly, efficient and helpful. The room was immaculately clean with lots of attention to detail. Dinner in the restaurant was excellent, as was the breakfast. Very comfortable bed and a lovely quiet night's sleep.
Location is only a 10-15 minute walk to O'Connell Street, so an ideal location for sight seeing.
I would highly recommend staying here.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Tentpeg
Lichfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 February 2012

On first impression as you enter the hotel it is modern, friendly and 4 star rating and this continues throughout the hotel. I could not fault this hotel. The staff are friendly, the rooms are spacious, clean with excellent facilities in the room, incl cd player, mini bar, iron, toiletries, air conditioning, seperate shower, tea making, hairdryer. The rooms are sound proofed and the hotel is in a quiet location (well no games were on at Croke Park when we stopped). We spent 2 nights here and the atmosphere is so lovely in the hotel that we came back early to enjoy our evenings of beer and cocktails (and prices are reasonable, with weekend cocktails only 7euros). There is a large tv screen, cosy sofas and a welcoming modern flame fire.

Breakfast was well presented and plenty of choice and the service was excellent, there must be 1 member of staff to every table, clearing away, constantly topping tea pots and milk pots and refilling toast up when we ran low.

The only downside to this hotel is the location, it isn't in a very nice part of Dublin and first impression was not too good when we walked to the main streets, which are a good 20 minute walk and Temple Row 30 mins away. Taxis are quite expensive, around 10 euros but you might want to consider this as we did not feel very safe walking back at night!

Trip was booked through Travel Republic......bargain for £198 for 2 including flights and 2 nights accommodation and breakfast

Overall - first class hotel, poor location

Room Tip: Rooms on the left overlook the water/train line - only heard a couple of trains and were really quie...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank suzy2305
CrokePark_Manager, Manager at The Croke Park, responded to this review, 28 February 2012
Thank you for choosing The Croke Park Hotel.

We are delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay with us.

As is the case with all businesses, the greatest advertising we can aspire to is that of word-of-mouth from satisfied customers. Our guest feedback is very important to the overall running of our hotel and affords me the opportunity of reviewing and improving the hotel’s facilities and service. I can thus personally assure you that the feedback you have provided us will definitely assist my team in becoming better at what we do

I am also happy to say that there is now also a bus route ( The number #7 bus ) that stops about three minutes from the hotel. This service runs every 10-15 minutes and serves most of the major city centre areas. We hopefully look forward to your return.

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 February 2012

My partner and I stayed in this hotel in february as a birthday celebration. Everything in the hotel was perfect.

We flew to Dublin and was very easy to get to the hotel (take local buses, cheaper and no need to go to the city center to get to the hotel). We asked for a early check in cause we had to start the journey early in the morning and also as a nice gesture to my partner. When we arrived we got it as we asked. Was very nice touch and we also had a banner saying "Happy Birthday" and some balloons. This are the things that make the hotel special.

We never had dinner or lunch in the restaurant so cannot say anything about it. About the room, everything was perfect. Due to previous jobs I have to say that I always check every single detail, and to be honest, couldn't find anything to complain. The tissue box was set up as a rose which was very nice. I always wondered how long would it take them to make it so perfect.

The reception staff was always smiley and willing to help. We had a little issue upon arrival with our minibar not been replaced from previous guests and they dealed with it in a very professional way. I thing that is what it matters at the end.

The only bad thing I could say is that it is not very close to the city center as I read before arriving to the hotel. Yes, you get to the city center in 10 min, but to the shopping part, not the touristy part. But the service you get mades up for the walking distance.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
I cannot thank you enough for your detailed review. I am so thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us and everything was in perfect order. It means a great deal to me and the team to read such good reviews.

Please feel free and visit your home away from home at any time!

It would be a pleasure to personally look after any further bookings.

Russell