All reviewsmagic mikebeef guinness pieirish atmospheregreat irish breakfastconnolly stationtalbot streetnorth siderooms are smallcentral locationtemple barbar downstairsironing boardfull irisho'connell ststayed here for nightscroke parkstreet noise
Reviewed 20 November 2010

I absolutely hated my stay.
I stayed six days and dreaded every one of them.
The cheap price is not worth the horror.
It was filthy dirty and elevator broke and filthy dirty
disgusting stain on carpet in room
I hated it
Do not stay there
pay more and stay somewhere else.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank 60763Susan
Reviewed 5 October 2010

It sounded and looked great, and we were excited about the value - 168 Euros for two nights - but it was definitely not as advertised. The furniture and bedding were old, but we could deal with that, en suite was a tiny joke. No problem there, either, for two nights. This was the problem: the lift advertised as making our 3rd floor room accessible was out of order, had been for a while, and there was no plan to repair it. Ditto the direct dial phone, the laundry service and assistance in hauling our suitcases up and down three flights of stairs. Did I mention we're 70 years old? The staff was polite until the morning we checked out. We literally had to bed the very rude young man at the desk to help us with our luggage. He was the only real jerk we met in Dublin!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SoFudie
Management response:Responded 5 November 2010

Dear Sir/Madam,
Thank you for your review of Our Hotel which helps us to provide a better service to Guests. I am sorry that you did not enjoy your stay at the Hotel and am happy to address the issues mentioned.

Some of Our Rooms are smaller then other's and en-suites vary in size from Small To Large some with Bath & Shower and some with just shower, The room you were allocated was with a small en-suite , We would advise guests to request if they would like a Larger bathroom and were possible we would facilitate this.

With regard to the Lift Service , As we are a Old Building we have experienced some faults with the Lift and this has led to it breaking down at different times, We are currently working on rectifying the problem with the lift and hope to have it fully functional on a permanent basis soon.

In relation to the Laundry service we have withdrawn offering a Suit/Dress/Shirt laundry service as we found that It worked out better value for the Guest to seek this service at one of the many dry cleaners there is near by.

I am dissapointed to hear that you found a member of staff unhelpfull and can ensure you that this has been addressed.
Once again I am sorry you did not fully enjoy your stay at the Hotel and would ask that on your return to Ireland you contact me directly and allow me to Offer you the service and experience that we aim to deliver.

Kind Regards,
Sean Gough.

Reviewed 19 October 2009

We stayed at this property for 2 nights and were glad to get out of there. Rooms are not the same as what is shown on the website.
They seem to have a hot water issue as there is none in the mornings. When we advised Reception they said they were working on it, but then it happened again the next morning. Also when the hot water is on, the pipes make a terribly loud noise.
There is a lot of noise from the street. Thick block out blinds should be used to reduce this rather than the flimsy curtains they currently have in the rooms, not don't block out light or noise.
One good thing about this hotel is the car parking, even though it was a little walk from the hotel. Also it is a very good location, quite easy to walk to most attractions.

• Stayed: October 2009
2  Thank PJ84
Reviewed 6 October 2009

We stayed here for 2 nights and we could not fault the customer service. Every member of staff we spoke to were fabulous. They couldnt help us enough. We even awoke late on the day of departure, too late for breakfast but were still given a full irish. The reception staff were extremely helpful and we just cannot fault anything at all. Oh and the food in the restaurant is gorgeous. We would definately stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jasmino9
Reviewed 1 June 2009

Went to Dublin with a mate of mine for the Beyonce Concert for the night and I have to say regardless of the other reviews that I have read about the hotel - the hotel staff were brilliant to us. The manager could not do enough for us although he did tell us that two guys that we hooked up with from the Marine Core were not allowed to stay for late drinks, which was grand..went to the Q Bar instead. Anyway..the location of the hotel was a 5 minute walk from O' Connell Street and Connolly station/Luas. Our room had three beds instead of the twin room we ordered but it made the room bigger. The lifts say it fits four people but we could barely fit the two of us in with suitcases. Plus they stopped working and I had to climb four flights of stairs to get to my room. The breakfast wasn't great and I didn't eat it all because the eggs looked like they were just broken open and thrown on the plate. The Irish music that they had that night was savage and worthwhile to listen.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with friends