All reviews magic mike beef guinness pie irish atmosphere great irish breakfast connolly station talbot street north side rooms are small central location temple bar bar downstairs ironing board full irish o'connell st stayed here for nights croke park street noise
Reviewed 15 March 2013

We were 4 childhood friends on a long-weekend trip to Dublin mostly to drink pints and to visit some attractions in the city, so the location of the hotel was more important than the quality.
Rooms with basic comfort and ok space.
Maybe not the cleanest room I've been in, but usually you'll get what you pay for.
Good tasting english breakfast, besides the possibility to order continental breakfast.
Pub food and pints were very good at affordable prices.
The hotel staff weren't very helpful nor very friendly.
Bar service was ok.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 March 2013

I would never write a bad review about a hotel but I had to warn people off from this. Definately the worst hotel if ever stayed. The whole hotel is run down and I will go as far as saying dirty! The carpets in the hallways are worn out and definitely haven't been hoovered in a wile. When entering the room it was evident that it was old fashioned, something I don't have an issue with as long as it is clean but it wasn't! The shelf where the tea cups sat was splattered with coffee and the bathroom was a nightmare. The shower was unbelievable!! Hair everywhere. We went as far as buying bleach and scrubbed it down and put sponges on the floor of the shower to stand on. We shud have complained but it isn't in our nature and considering the state of the hall carpet I doubt Ny other room would have been cleaned. We also went and bought blankets to lie on as I didn't want to touch the bedsheets. I just generally felt disgusting. We had booked bed and breakfast but didn't go anywhere near the food or bar area so I can't comment on that. I'm not sure what the other rooms where like but it was as if somebody had made the bed and that was all. I definitely will not be returning nor will I recommends this hotel to anybody.

Room Tip: I don't think there is such thing as a good room here
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank L P
Reviewed 19 November 2012

Hotel is good value, clean and functional. Rooms at the back are particularly quiet. Bar service is good and friendly. Food is standard good pub food, nice selection of wines.5 minutes walk to O'Connell Street. Lots of good value shops close to the hotel. If you want a good basic hotel located within walking distance to town, this is a good place to stay.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 November 2012

Stayed here for 2 nights, and it was hands down the worst place I have ever stayed. The room stank of stale smoke and chip fat. The bar doesn't close till 1, so forget trying to get to sleep before then, and as soon as traffic starts moving again in the am it is impossible to sleep because of the road noise. The bathroom was big, but pretty filthy just like the rest of the room. The shower was also terrible.

I am aware O'Sheas is at the budget end of the hotel market in Dublin, but I expected significantly more than the flea pit that it turned out to be. Avoid!

Room Tip: Dont stay here!
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank maverick847
Reviewed 10 October 2012

After reading some of the reviews on here i was worried about staying at this hotel, But we found the room and bathroom were clean and plenty big enough for are needs, We slept well and could not here any traffic noise. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The food was good honest food and very tasty. We had a wonderful stay and really enjoyed our weekend. The hotel is in a great position and every where is in easy walking distance.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple