New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Hilton Dublin Airport Hotel
Ranked #66 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
GreenLeadersSilver level
Cork
“service above and beyond”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

Stayed here the night before a trip to Norway in March. The hotel provides a courtesy bus to and from the airport, and the incredibly helpful, friendly driver set the tone of the hotel service from the start. The room was spacious and comfortable, as was the bed. Breakfast was generous with plentiful juice and coffee, friendly and helpful staff more than happy to be of assistance.
The absolute piece de resistance: three weeks later after returning from Norway and realising that I must have left a nightdress in the Hilton, I phoned the hotel and the room service staff arranged to post the item to my home address!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Eva S, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Dublin Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 25 April 2012
Dear wheretonextCork,

First of all thank you very much for posting a review on Tripadvisor.

I couldn't be happier reading your comments. Thank you very much for your praising words, it is highly appreciated! I am delighted that our room service staff helped you out and you found our hotel staff generally always very friendly.

I hope next time when you are in Dublin you are going to stay with us again. We very much looking forward to welcoming you back!

Thank you again for your review!

Hilton Dublin Airport
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (243)
  • Polish first
london
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

This Hilton is one star short of being excellent for two reasons:

1. The rudeness of a female Filipino server in the bar. I was staying overnight before flying to London the next day and took the opportunity to meet with an old friend for a drink. He was driving and ordered a bottle of water. She asked if he wanted a large or small bottle. He opted for large but when it arrived it was HUGE. He asked her politely to change it for a small one and her reaction was shocking. A look of anger on her face, not a word spoken in response, and then she stormed to the bar to exchange it. Before slamming it down on the table.

2. The bed. Worst in my Hilton experience. I was upgraded to a Deluxe room as a Gold HHonors member but the matress was dreadful. It felt like the cheapest money could buy. That was bearable. What wasn't was the fact that the beds are on wheels. Good for housekeeping but not for hotel guests who want to sit up in bed watching TV. The bed slides across the floor in the direction of the television and the only way to deal with it is to get out of bed and watch from a chair.

I brought this latter point to the attention of the Night Manager who explained that many other guests had similarly complained and they were due to be replaced. My only question was and still is: why on earth couldn't somebody foresee a problem like that before wasting money and spoiling a bedroom that was Deluxe in every other respect? A bed is basic.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank LondonKairos
Chicago, IL
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

Location - The Hilton advertises itself as an airport hotel, however it isn't located at the airport. I don't have a problem with this as an avid traveler who is often in airport hotels. It's very common to locate off-site and then use a shuttle to transport guests. I was able to get to the airport in the AM without much hassle by signing up for a shuttle time that worked within my schedule. The trip from the airport to the hotel takes about 5-10 minutes. I do agree with other posters that this hotel is difficult to locate without specific instructions though. I took a cab from the Radisson Blu Royal in Dublin to this location and the cab driver could not locate the property despite calling for directions. After wandering around for awhile, we finally located the hotel and the cab driver apologized for the fare and offered me a 20 Euro discount since he ended up having to meander the area around the hotel.

Service - I was not happy with the service provided by the front desk staff when I checked. After getting out of the cab, I discovered that the revolving door into the hotel lobby was not working. I told the desk agent about the issue and she simply shrugged and said "Sometimes kids play with it and it automatically shuts down." I thought, "Well, shouldn't someone turn it back on instead of making guests with luggage go around to the side door where they'll have to pull luggage and open doors like a Russian gymnast?" Check in was processed easily until I was asked to select a time for a shuttle ride to the airport in the AM. I didn't know of the top of my head what time my flight was leaving, so I said I needed to use the wifi in my room to open my email and take a look at my reservation before answering. The desk agent said that was fine and handed me my key for my room. Upstairs I quickly discovered that the hotel internet is only accessible if you get a code from the front desk. I had told the desk agent that I needed to use the wifi, but she didn't offer at all to provide me with the access code. I had to head back down to the desk, get the access card, go back to my room where you scratch off a card to see your individual code, then read my email, and then finally go back down again to the front desk to get a shuttle time. Poor service from the agent who could have simply said, "You'll need this to get online, let's get it taken care of to save you a trip."

Room - The room is standard airport hotel quality with the exception of the bed. I wasn't expecting something so hard, so after my ordeal with the front desk agent when I returned to the room I let myself fall into the bed only to feel as if I had dropped onto the floor. The mattress is extremely firm, probably one of the firmest mattresses I've slept on outside of hostel accommodations in India. I didn't sleep very well on it, and ended up with a stiff back for my 8 hour flight back to the US.

Food - Since there is very little going on around the hotel, I ended up using the room service to have dinner that night. This is the one area where I actually thought the Hilton provided good service. My food was delivered promptly and without any errors. I had the beef curry with rice, peppermint tea, and a sticky toffee pudding. The curry was flavorful, the tea was hot, and the pudding was very sweet and tasty. I wouldn't hesitate to order food again at this property.

Overall - Not pleased at all with this property, and I hardly think it's doing Hilton any favors with the branding. I felt the quality and service here was not of the standard a brand like Hilton should be offering. Considering what a fantastic stay I had with the Radisson Blu Royal in the city centre in Dublin, my next airport stay near Dublin will use the airport Radisson property to see if it's any better.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank ORD2Anywhere81
Eva S, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Dublin Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 24 April 2012
Dear leorawrs81,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review on Tripadvisor.

I would like to apologise for any issues you had during your stay, this is not the impression we would like our guests to take away. Please rest assured we have spoken to the managers regarding your comments.This is certainly not the level of service we continuously strive to provide at the Hilton Dublin Airport.

I am glad you enjoyed our room service and hope you would consider us in the future to see the improvements that have been made.

Again thank you for taking the time to review us, all feedback is greatly appreciated.

Hope you had a safe journey home and we very much hope to see you back in the future!

Saint Louis, Missouri
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2012

This place is nice and clean, BUT the beds are awful! If you want a comfortable bed and a good night's sleep, don't stay here! The loaction was good for quick access to the airport, but I was shocked by how awful the bed was. I sat on a bed frame that was on wheels. The bed moved around because of the wheels and made a horrible creaking sound every time you moved on it. I could have handled that had the mattress not been so old and worn. It was thin with no padding and we could feel the springs in our back. We called them and told them about it for which they sent a manager to our room with a maid. I showed them and they acted like it was no big deal. I asked if all the beds were this old and she said, “Yes”. So as a result they gave us another comforter and extras sheets so we could pile two comforters on the bed to add padding. I was shocked that this was a Hilton. I barely slept that night and I needed to sleep for a long day of traveling. DON’T STAY HERE!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Eva S, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Dublin Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 20 April 2012
Dear Brandydauby,

First of all thank you kindly for taking the time to write a review on us.

I would like to take this opportunity to apologise for any inconvenience you experienced during your stay. Please be advised that we are currently in the process of changing our beds and we are planning to complete it by the end of this year.

I am glad you find our location convenient and the Hotel clean and I hope you enjoyed our services.

I welcome your constructive feedback and I am truly sorry that on this occasion the standards which you had come to expect from our property had not been met.

I realise that we cannot compensate you for the lost of sleep but I do hope you will allow us to welcome you back to the Hilton Dublin Airport Hotel.

Yours sincerely ,

Geneva
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2012

Having booked a plane leaving Dublin at 6:50 am, I also looked for an airport hotel to stay the night before. In the past, we had been staying at the Clarion (which is in the airport compound) but the rooms were really poor. So I decided to go for the Hilton, a hotel chain that I like and that we have often chosen in other locations before. The website says: "5 minutes from the Airport", and of course, does not say "5 minutes from the airport by a car driven by someone who knows the place, and who knows how not to get lost on the motorway, national road roundabouts etc." On the phone, I was also said that there was a shuttle from the airport, and again, nobody said that the shuttle was only running twice an hour...
The result for us was the following: we tried to find the place with our rented car, we couldn't, even with the map available on the hotel website. So we decided to go to the airport first, leave the car at the car rental return and then look for the hotel shuttle. At that point it was 8:20 pm. We took the car rental shuttle to the airport, which left us in front of terminal 2. There, nobody was able to tell us from where the shuttle departed. After a lot of searching and questioning and walking around - me, my 16 year old daughter, my two little children and our enormous luggage - we finally found the shuttle stop. There, a time schedule informed us that we had to wait about 40 minutes for the next shuttle, as we had just missed one. It was 8:45 pm, and we waited there in the cold. We were lucky that an air crew arrived and magically the shuttle appeared ahead of schedule! I guess it came for the crew, but kindly picked us up, too. We finally arrived at the hotel and checked in, and were in our room at 9:15 pm. The room was nice, the beds comfortable, even if our bed sheet had a suspicious, very sticky yellow stain. Since it was so late by now, and we had to leave to the airport with the shuttle of 4:30 am, we decided to eat in the hotel. Disaster. After having being given a table at the bar, far far away from the bar counter, we were forgotten there, and our attempts to get a waiter were vain. So we decided to leave the bar and go for room service – at least we could prepare the kids for bed, while waiting for our dinner. The price of the dinner was quite outrageous, 2/3 of the price of the hotel room, and all we took were two fish&chips, one soup, one salad and one hamburger!!! No wine, no drinks! Altogether, we could not be in bed before 10:30 pm – thinking that I had taken an airport hotel to save time and sleep a bit longer!!!
At 4:10 am, when we got to the lobby for check out, a host – visibly drunk – was screaming to his supposed taxi driver because he did not want to pay the taxi fare. My little ones were quite frightened (but I suppose this is not the fault of the hotel…). I asked for a receipt of the stay, and all I got was a print out of the requested payment. The gentleman at the reception told me not to worry, that the card would be charged accordingly. Well I hope so…
Next time, I will look for a hotel REALLY inside the airport….

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Dear AleG219,

Thank you kindly for taking the time to post a review on Tripadvisor. We really appreciate your feedback and we are grateful for highlighting areas which you feel need improvement. I sincerely regret any disappointment you have encountered during your stay and please rest assured that I have passed on your comments to the relevant department heads.

I can assure you that this is not the level of service that we continuously strive to provide at the hotel and i am very sorry that on this occasion our usual standard as well as your expectations were not met.

I hope your unsatisfactory experience has not marred your opinion of the Hilton Dublin Airport in any way. We do hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the future. Please contact me directly when planing your next visit to Dublin and I will be delighted to assist you.

Hilton Dublin Airport
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dublin
4.3 km away
#28 of 150 in Dublin
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,635 reviews
5.6 km away
Travelodge Dublin Airport South Hotel

Been to Hilton Dublin Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK