“Birthday meal”
Review of Fire Restaurant

Fire Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Fire Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #342 of 2,868 Restaurants in Dublin
Cuisines: European, Irish, Steakhouse
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Romantic, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: FIRE Restaurant and Lounge Is a multi-award-winning​ steakhouse located in the heart of Dublin city centre, in the popular Dawson Street and St Stephens Green Vicinity. FIRE’s dining room was originally built in 1864 as the Lord Mayor’s ‘Supper Room’ and features incredible vaulted ceilings, stained glass windows and a beautiful terrace overlooking the Lord Mayor’s Garden. Today it is the most historical and impressive dining room in Dublin. Fire Restaurant Dublin offers the ultimate casual dining experience. Whether you are dining in our main restaurant or looking to experience an intimate evening in one of our private dining rooms, you’ll enjoy the unique setting and perfect ambience of FIRE restaurant. Your personal server will be happy to explain the origin of all our dishes, pairing them with wine recommendations should you wish from our extensive new and old world wine selection that won’t disappoint.
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Well what can I say, the place was absolutely amazing, the bar downstairs was stocked with every drink going and the seating area was well set out. The 10oz fillet steak was at least 16oz + and was one of the best steaks I had in Dublin. A must when visiting Dublin.

FireDawson, General Manager at Fire Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2018

Dear Reviewer

Many thanks for your kind review. I am delighted to see you enjoyed your experience with us, and I have to agree in that we certainly do a good steak!!

Hopefully, it will not be too long before we are able to welcome you back and you can avail of another.

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Last time I visited Fire was 2005, I think it was the year it opened. Went last night for dinner. It has grown, they now have a lounge on the ground level and there was entertainment later, a guy with a guitar singing, a lovely touch. Above the lounge they have added an extra dining room, it’s small and modern. Nice as it is, the original large dining room has a nicer feel and old world charm.
The food choice is excellent and the quality is top class. All the staff are warm and welcoming and are delighted to help in any way, it seems like super teamwork. We dined in the original dining room and it’s just a magical place to dine. The steaks were perfect and my prawn starter in garlic butter was fabulous. A great night and the Rice’s are fair. Can’t recommend Fire enough. Thanks folks and continued success.

2  Thank motorcar1

Dear Motorcar1

Many thanks for your excellent review. I am delighted to see that you enjoyed your experience with us, and I will be sure to pass on your comments to the team.

Reviewed 31 March 2018

I visited here last week with a group of work collegues and was keen to try it having heard all the great reviews. The bar area is quiet and intimate and it was nice to have a drink while waiting on everyone to arrive. When we were brought up to our table the first thing that struck me was the noise level in the restaurant. It was very busy and the noise level matched so I think it's best suited to groups of people.

The menu was varied with something for everyone and the food was delicious and certainly lived up to it's reputation. I had the prawns to start followed by the steak and finished with the chocolate pave and each course was delicious. The staff were attentive and kept glasses topped up but I didn't think they were particularly friendly. I know it was a busy night but a smile and a bit of banter can make all the difference when serving a large group. We also noticed that several bottles of water were opened and at one point we had three half full bottles of water which were never actually finished on the table when a waitress approached with another one which we
sent away. While we expected to pay for the water this superfluous serving of water at in excess of €5 per bottle can quickly push the bill up. Thankfully the wine was served at a slower pace.

A nice restaurant in a lovely setting and I would return again but only if part of a group due to the noise levels.

FireDawson, General Manager at Fire Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2018

Dear Relaxaway41

Many thanks for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding your most recent experience with us. I am delighted to see you enjoyed your evening, and I will be sure to pass on your kind comments to the culinary team.

I am sorry you felt our team were not particularly friendly. I am surprised to see this as it is not something that we usually hear. I would think that as they were trying to serve your table as efficiently as possible, they were just trying to ensure everyone received the full experience.

In relation to the water, we would never bring anything to the table without it being ordered, and I can assure you my colleagues would adhere to this, so I am sorry if you felt this was not the case.

Many thanks again for providing your feedback and I hope to welcome you back to us in the near future.

Kind regards

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

My husband and I visited Fire today to celebrate his birthday. The food was absolutely fabulous! I had the RibEye Steak from the set menu and he had the Lamb from a la carte menu. Both meats were cooked to perfection, combined with unique and sophisticated flavour. Not only you pay for the food, but as well as for the art and experience that Fire provides. The waiter was very friendly and helpful, giving us advice and suggestions that were truly appreciated. We’re definitely coming back to try other dishes and feel the same great atmosphere and wonderful flavour!

1  Thank Anna Beatriz M

Dear Beatriz M

Many thanks for your excellent review. I am delighted to see both you and your husband enjoyed your evening with us. We are certainly lucky to have such wonderful ingredients to offer to our guests.

I will be sure to pass on your kind comments to the team, and I hope to be able to welcome you back to us in the near future.

Reviewed 30 March 2018

I cannot fault the service, surroundings and overall ambiance. My fellow diners and I just felt that the price did not reflect the standard of the food. It was simply nothing out of the extraordinary.

4  Thank bia88

Dear Bia88

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review regarding your recent experience with us. I am delighted to see your comments regarding our service and our restaurant, and I will be sure to pass these on to the team.

I am sorry to read your comments regarding our dishes. We have a dedicated culinary team who work to the highest standards, so I will be sure to make them aware of your feedback.

I do sincerely hope that we will be able to welcome you back to us in the near future, to leave you with a better impression of our menu.