National Museum of Ireland - Archaeology

More Info
from US$ 41.00
More Info
5,064 results
All reviews bog bodies bog men bronze age gold jewelry peat bogs tara brooch viking artifacts iron age ardagh chalice preserved bodies irish artifacts human remains celtic gold ancient egypt free admission on display great exhibits
Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

Great museum. Lots of information, fascinating!! I’ll come again when I have more time. Just remember it’s on the opposite side of the block from the Museum of Natural History. We walked and walked and couldn’t find it.

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

A normal museum. I sincerely expected a bit more of the museum.
There were some things that I don't understand. For example, why were there Egyptian mummies in an archaeological national museum, and... Why are not allowed photographs in the level of archaeological works. It has no sense.

1  Thank DAVID G
Reviewed 5 April 2018

We loved the Egyptian and the Viking collection.. My kids specially loved the mummies and the hieroglyphics.

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

Went through the national museum (the animal part) with my partner. It's free to get in. Was cool seeing the animals of Ireland and around the world. We went round in about 20 mins though as we weren't that interested in all of that. Lots of children who seemed to really love it so would recommend if you have Children or are into animal history.

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

A must if you want to investigate the history of Ireland and amplify your visits to New Grange and Hill of Tara. Everything from bog bodies, Viking settlements, village life...... beautiful building, well documented displays.