“Great food”

The Pieman Cafe
Ranked #143 of 2,853 Restaurants in Dublin
Price range: US$ 4 - US$ 13
Reviewed 4 August 2018 via mobile

I had a pie with sides and a drink. The portion is large but my pie was delicious! Steak was fall apart and the Guinness was present but not overwhelming.
The staff person was also very friendly and the place was very clean. I’ll be back when i get back to Dublin!

Reviewed 27 July 2018 via mobile

Saw this place yesterday when I was eating at the Old Storehouse across the street. Had to stop in for lunch the next day. It was outstanding! I got a beef pie, and my wife got a chicken pie. She had the mushy peas with it, and I had the mashed potatoes. All of it was wonderful! I wish I would have discovered it before our last day so I could have eaten there more than once. You must stop by!

Reviewed 24 July 2018

Oh my goodness these pies are so delightful. I believe it was guinness meat pie and a chicken and mushroom. I wish I could go back to Ireland just to have another. Be sure if this is on your list to go early enough. Closed at 8 p.m. so I missed getting them twice.

Reviewed 22 July 2018 via mobile

We stopped by The Pieman for a light dinner and we were not disappointed! They had a great deal of a pie, a drink, and a side for super cheap!!! We all agreed it was one of our yummiest meals while in Dublin!

Reviewed 10 July 2018 via mobile

Having been to the Pieman at EP and Body and Soul, I was delighted to see how near my office was to Pieman in Temple Bar when I moved to Dublin. However while the pastry is as good at Pieman Temple Bar, the food was cold and the gravy was lumpy. I got the vegetarian pie with veggie gravy, which was white, and basically just lumps of flour. That was actually very dissappointing to be Bo honest. It's not often the festival version of a restaurant is better than the brick and mortar location. I'd probably be back to give it another go, the pies are still tasty. But the experience of it did explain why the shop was empty at the peak of lunchtime.