“Dreadful service.”
Review of Brambles Cafe

Brambles Cafe
Ranked #208 of 208 Coffee & Tea in Dublin
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Went to the branch outside Dundrum Town Centre for soup before going to the cinema. No staff seen on arrival: they were chatting in the kitchen behind a partition wall. We had to call out, after standing at the counter for some moments, as they didn't seem to have heard us come in.
We ordered soup & bread. This arrived after a few minutes, and was cold. The female server didn't smile or speak: just dumped the plates down.
The staff had disappeared behind the partition again and were talking loudly in a foreign language. We had to call out again for attention.
The server came back and took our plates of soup without a word.
We waited a full 5 minutes (needed just a minute or so in the microwave and there were only 3 other customers, who were having their coffee when we arrived) for our food to return. No smile or any word of apology was given.

The place was cold and unwelcoming(we kept our coats on while eating).

Once heated, the soup was nice and the seed bread tasty.

Wouldn't return though: the staff seemed totally disinterested.

2  Thank Cat T

Reviewed 26 March 2018 via mobile

Had cappuccino and handmade cookie. Cappuccino very poor quality @ €3.35 each and one cookie @ €3.25. Recommend avoid must be better places in Centre.

1  Thank Richard M
Reviewed 10 February 2018

I am writing this review about Brambles in Knocklyon. I visit this place regularly as I do my shopping in the supermarket nearby. If it wasn't for that I would never darken their doors. Every time I go in I am ignored and just left at the counter as if I am invisible. I know the staff are very busy but they don't even acknowledge my presence. I visited there today and was left ten minutes standing at the counter. Meanwhile the one staff member on the floor was run off her feet. Another one was taking her break. And a third one was drying cutlery in the kitchen! I ask you, surely looking after customers should take priority over drying cutlery?? Obviously there are not enough staff on duty; furthermore, the manager needs to sort out his/her priorities and take on board that the customer comes first!

1  Thank lola245
Reviewed 17 January 2018

I'll keep this short as this is not the kind of place that many will consult Trip Advisor for. It is bang in the middle of the popular shopping centre in the heart of prosperous Dublin where convenience and pseudo-cool are paramount. The coffee is passable, a croissant was at least a day old, dry and bland, with a little plastic pod of fruit-paste "jam". Service is poor - staff seem bored, tired and not bothered. At €6 this is very poor value but hey, people will pay these prices in this area so . . . expect no improvement.

3  Thank Capam1515
Reviewed 27 December 2017

THE girl who took out order was so bored and obviously did not want to be in work , very unwelcoming.. The table we sat down at had not been cleared ,we had to do that ourselves. The place was not very busy {i can now understand why} ,so the staff would have had time to clean the tables but they were not bothered.
we got two cups of tea, a cup of coffee , two scones and a breakfast. The wait time was 25 mins. the breakfast came ten minutes before the rest of the food. . my daughter had to remove two large pieces of shell from the fried egg , it was not a nice breakfast. The scones were stale and the place was cold.
We will not be returning ,,,ever..

3  Thank rulynro