“Always love here”

Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 29 February 2012

Avoca always have lovely food. A little bit expensive, but worth it. The soup, homemade bread & salads are always excellent.
A nice place to treat yourself to lunch.

Reviewed 22 February 2012

Hubby and I were leaving Roundwood village, Co Wicklow after a lovely day walking. On the way home to Limerick, I asked if we could stop into Avoca shop for something delicious to eat. All the poor man saw was a lot of very pretty things in a shop. When I calmed him down enough to tell him he did not have to spend a second looking at frill or lace, I hauled him into the cafe section. The man had landed. The selections are immense. The quality fantastic, the staff, wonderful. The atmosphere I have always excellent for such a busy place. Not easy to achieve. I have been many times with friends or my daughters but this was his first time. When he was fed, he had so much fun buying more food for home. I of course had my share of shopping while he was being minded by the lovely staff of Avoca. Well done ladies and gentlemen.

Reviewed 20 February 2012

The berry muffins were superb and the coffe/espresso were also top rate. I'm not a fan of touristy gift places and this reminded me too much of a cracker barrel experience. If you want a snack, it's great, but I recommend mom and pop for your gifts.

Reviewed 20 February 2012

Having been a faithful and enthusiastic customer for several years, my days of treating myself to the odd lunch at aAoca are over.

I emphasise I am talking about the basement eatery, not the excellent cafe on the top floor.

If you are going to charge top dollar for your merchandise, you need to be sure it comes with a smile and a pleasant attitude, not an eyebrows raised to heaven when an error on a bill is queried.

I wil be climbing the stairs to the top floor restaurant, but never descending to the basement for poor service at high prices.

1  Thank 2happycampers2
Reviewed 20 February 2012

We decided to try Avoca for breakfast as we heard great comments about their breads/cakes and brekkies! We arrived to a very busy cafe and were seated within minutes. The place is real shabby chiq and there were lots of tourists enjoying coffee and food. Our waiter took our orders and my wife, who is a coeliac, ordered the scrambled eggs on Gluten free toast which wasn't a problem or so we thought. After 5mins the waiter returned stating that they don't have gluten free bread as its not made on a sunday. So my wife then commented to the waiter saying therefore Coeliac's are not welcomed on Sundays and he had nothing to say back. There was nothing else on the menu Coeliac friendly only the fruit platter so she had no choice but to order that. I had the scrambled eggs on toast and I have to say it was the best I had ever tasted but it was unfortunate that my wife couldn't experience the same. We wont be returning.