“Location, location, bars”
Review of Temple Bar Hotel

Temple Bar Hotel
Ranked #37 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed 27 April 2012

This hotel was a GREAT location close to the Temple Bar area and O'Connell street. Everything is walking distance from this hotel. We loved the beds here, they were soft, comfortable and perfect size. We had a triple room and it was just enough room for 3 adults. The hotel has a downstairs bar area and there is parking just across the street at a parking garage. Best bang for the buck.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the back so the street noise at night doesn't bother you.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Kathryn R
tbhmgt, General Manager at Temple Bar Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2012

Dear Kathryn R,

Thank you for your lovely review of the hotel. I am delighted to hear you were happy with the size and comfort of the room.

As Dublin’s Most Centrally located hotel, location is hugely important to us and our guests and I am glad that this enhanced your stay.

I look forward to seeing you back here soon.

Reviewed 26 April 2012

Picking this place was definitely a great idea! Hotel is located in the most popular area of Dublin and centrally located to all things Dublin. Hotel staff was courteous and the beds were the best that we stayed in during our entire trip. The in room hair dyers could use a major update! Lots of places right outside your door to eat and drink. You can get on the hop-on hop-off bus just up the street or walk around and see a ton! Overall wonderful experience!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank NikiMickey

Dear Nikimickey,

Thank you for your lovely review of the hotel. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and I will pass on your compliments to the rest of the team.
I also appreciate your feedback regarding our hair dryers and I will look into this matter for you.

I hope to see you back soon.

Reviewed 26 April 2012

I stayed here on 27th-28th feb 2012 for 2 nights. The location is fantastic, right in the hub of Dublin city center. I felt very safe walking in this area day/night. The rooms are tight but clean. Room service is exellent and staff are well trained. The main attraction of this hotel is location,location....location.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank grizley

Dear Grizley,

Thank you for your great review of the hotel. We pride ourselves on our central location and I am glad this enhanced your stay with us.
I will pass on your feedback regarding our staff to the team

I look forward to seeing you back here soon.

Reviewed 25 April 2012

Arrived at scheduled time however my sisters room was not ready! Her and her partner waited in our room for over an hour and then were told still not ready! She complained and was given an alternative room. Why wasn't this done in the first place? Staff mostly foreign and a couple quite hard to understand. The rooms were adequate with wifi and coffee/tea and biscuits. Central location. In walking distance to all amenities. Use the green/red bus tours, although slightly pricey, as everything is in Dublin, they are worth the money to see all the sights and get dropped off at places of interest. Then just hop on again. The driver's are witty and knowledgeable with their commentary and also provide a sing song. Parking is expensive and at a short distance from Hotel in car park which charges €37.50 a day however Hotel provides a ticket that needs to be stamped at the car park office and you pay a total of €30 this was for two days. Noise levels from the street quite loud so if looking for peace and quiet I wouldn't recommend staying here, but ideal if you want to be in the heart of things.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Globetrotters044
tbhmgt, General Manager at Temple Bar Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2012

Dear Globetrotters044,

Thank you for your review.

I’m sorry to hear that your sister had to wait for her room. Our check in time is 2 o’clock but unfortunately during busy periods we can experience some slight delays.

I am surprised to hear you had issues with some of our staff members as we normally receive great feedback.

I hope to see you back at Temple Bar Hotel soon and if you do be sure to request a quiet room.

Temple Bar Hotel, Dubin's Most Centrally Located Hotel

Reviewed 24 April 2012

myself husband and my sister syayed here. We went for the Easter weekend.The rooms were very spacious with trouser press t.v and tea and coffee provided.They also provide umbarellas for the irish weather.The hotel is central for for most things.There is a pub a few doors away called The Palace with live music upstairs which is a nice friendly pub.Temple bar area is full of friendly bars and restaurants and some good irish characters.We ourselves go evey year as we have relations there and every we cannot fit everything in.

Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank christine m

Dear Christine_M,

Thank you for reviewing Temple Bar Hotel.
I’m glad you enjoyed your stay with us and I will pass on your feedback to the rest of the team.

I hope to see you back soon, and hopefully next time you won’t need the umbrella!

Temple Bar Hotel, Dubin's Most Centrally Located Hotel