2,697 results
All reviews city centre aviva stadium dart station lovely hotel bar food single bed bus stop dublin airport bewleys rds ballsbridge masons euro aircoach ireland concert duvet
Reviewed 19 January 2017 via mobile

I stayed here recently while taking part in the BT Young Scientist in the RDS. The hotel was in a superb location for this, less than a five minute walk from the arena. It is not too far from the city centre either with a taxi costing just €9.50. The staff were really fabulous. Being a 4 star hotel it is pricey. The bar food was expensive in my opinion, paying €15.95 for a burger and chips and while ordering room service was very tempting there was a €7 tray charge on your order. Overall I very much enjoyed my stay.

Stayed: January 2017
SalesCBB, Brand Ambassador at Clayton Hotel Ballsbridge, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2017

Hello Ellie,
Thank your for your review of the CLAyton Hotel Ballsbridge. I was glad to note that you enjoyed your stay with us and that the location was convenient, I do hope you enjoyed the BT Young Scientist! We have looked at prices in the area, and we are competitively priced in relation to other 4 star hotels and restaurants in the area. I do hope htat you will come and visit us again.
Brand Ambassador,

Reviewed 18 January 2017 via mobile

I only stayed here for one night, however the second you come in the door you get your impression! Absolutely beautiful hotel, rooms are spacious and warm and the beds are extremely comfortable. The staff are very nice and welcoming. They are also knowledgable. I missed breakfast but the lunch was a very nice lunch and very healthy. Wasn't a typical Irish set up of sausages and rashers but there was cold meats and super food salads. If I'm staying up in dublin for a longer period of time I will definitely be staying in this hotel again.

Stayed: January 2017

Hello Colm,
Delighted you enjoyed your stay! We'd love to have you back!
Looking forward to welcoming you again in the near future!

Reviewed 15 January 2017 via mobile

Hotel is nicely decorated. Rooms are clean, could probably do with an update. Staff are very nice and friendly. We had dinner in the restaurant but it was not nice. Plates were cold & food was cold. I would stay in the hotel again but I would not eat in the restaurant.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
SalesCBB, Brand Ambassador at Clayton Hotel Ballsbridge, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2017

Hello Siobhan,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. While I wish you had a better experience, it is feedback like this that we learn from and use to improve. We work hard to deliver an exceptional guest experience, and it's apparent in this case that we fell short. If you give us a chance to earn back your trust, I can assure you that we will do our best to provide excellent service. I apologise for the poor service you experienced, I will be sure to bring this to the attention of the Food & Beverage manager.
I hope this poor service will not reflect badly on your impression of the hotel, we hope that you will give us a second chance.

Kind regards,

Laura Mangan

Reviewed 15 January 2017

Stayed here in August 2016 with family, friends & some out of town guests, while we had our event here. All our guests were happy with their respective rooms and the food during our event was fabulous. The hotel bar & lounge area is quite comfortable & the decor & ambience of this building is beautiful. The only downside was in the bar or lounge area during busy times, when the food delivery was a bit slow - not sure if they were training new staff at the time.

Room Tip: Rooms on the 2nd floor & up seem to be quieter. Some rooms on 1st floor maybe handicap accessible ( i e walk in showers in the bathroom).
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family

Hello Mary,
Thank you for taking the time in reviewing Clayton Hotel Ballsbridge.
While I saw that most of your review was positive I was disappointed to note that you found some elements of your stay disappointing. I do hope that this did not overshadow your stay with us and that you will give us a second chance.
Laura Mangan

Reviewed 15 January 2017

My wife and I stayed for one night on Jan 9th 2017. Bedroom was very small and outdated. Shower enclosure was so small if you dropped anything you could not bend down to pick it up. The next morning we could only find one set of towels which we had to share. When I asked at checkout I was told the second set were in a drawer under the TV in the bedroom. Who puts towels in a drawer under the TV in the bedroom. The final straw was the €12 charge for the hotel carpark which is a special guest rate.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple

Hello pncorrigan,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. While I wish you had a better experience, it is feedback like this that we learn from and use to improve. We work hard to deliver an exceptional guest experience, and it's apparent in this case that we fell short. If you give us a chance to earn back your trust, I can assure you that we will do our best to provide excellent service. I apologise for the difficulty in finding the towels, I do hope that this experience did not overshadow your stay with us and that your will give us a second chance.
Brand Ambassador,