All reviewso'connell streetfamily run hoteltop floorno liftcity centrean older buildingminute walkrecommend this hotelsingle roomquiet streetbudget hotelhotel is locatedexplore dublinwould stay againtemple barbreakfast was deliciousshort break
Reviewed 31 January 2018

This is a very special hotel I might say. I think it is managed personally by the owners, and this gives it a special touch.
The room was small, but you could easily see that they had expecially picked some tiny details to make the room beautiful, and they succeeded in doing this. Small efforts, but big results.
The staff was very nice and friendly, and we had a very good stay there.
Hot water running perfectly, breakfast quite good (it is not a buffet, but you have several options to choose from, most including eggs, but also cereal and such).
The location is very good. It is located in one of the old Georgian neighborhoods. O'Connell street is very close and it only takes around 15 minutes to walk to Temple Bar.
16/41 bus stops to and from airport quite close (3-5 minutes walking).

Very few things.
Stain on the chair - quite visible - maybe it could be fixed.
Very thin walls - we could very clearly hear people walking past our door on the hallway.
We were relatively close to the reception and we could also hear the door bell.
But these were very tiny inconveniences.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 January 2018

Stayed here with my cousin in April 2017.

It's more of a B&B than a hotel.

Rooms are small but clean.

Breakfast was awful.

Staff where OK.

The bathroom was so small, shower was tiny and was very difficult to use without nearly flooding the whole place.

Would not stay again

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else and pay more
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 December 2017 via mobile

One night stay in this hotel and no complaints.
It was a cold weekend in Dublin and the room was very cosy and facilities we good. Location is great, staff are very friendly and would stay here again and recommend it to others.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 December 2017

Was traveling to Dublin solo for a Thanksgiving break. Booked this hotel due to the reviews and I was not disappointed. I booked a single room and it was small but totally serviceable and clean. The area is residential and felt very safe and was quiet at night. Short 10 minute walk and you are on O'Connell Street. I used Airlink to and from the hotel. It is a 10-15 minute walk to the hotel from the Airlink drop off and only about 5min to the stop that will take you back to the airport. Breakfast was filling and all the staff I encountered were very nice and welcoming. There was a snafu with my reservation, (not their fault) and it got worked out without a lot of fuss. WIFI was very slow no matter where I was in the hotel, I typically used WIFI when I was out and about to avoid this.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank Windswept63
Reviewed 26 November 2017 via mobile

Stayed here for 2 nights 21st 22nd Nov , not spectacular but a great place to stay. Close to O’Connell Street. We arrived at 9 30 am and asked if could leave our bags, and the lady let us have our room straight away. Very good

Stayed: November 2017