“Tops in hospitality and service” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Number 31

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Dublin
Number 31
Ranked #48 of 153 Hotels in Dublin
San Antonio
“Tops in hospitality and service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2012

This out of the way B&B is fantastic. I loved everything from the lovely lobby area with comfortable seating and a roaring fire in the fireplace to the evening tea and the amazing breakfasts. The staff assisted us in from tour scheduling to taxi reservations. All their advice on attractions, pubs, etc was on target

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Betty V
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2012

We stayed at Number 31 in August 2010. We could not have enjoyed our stay more. I usually choose bed and breakfasts by the description of the breakfast, because I feel that when owners care about the food they serve, they care about their customers. I hit the jackpot with Number 31. Noel was one of the kindest B&B owners we have met. My children (10 and 14 at the time) were treated so nicely and our rooms were well-appointed and comfortable. Number 31's location is excellent as well. We enjoyed walking all over Dublin, and strolled around St. Stephen's Green frequently during our 4 day stay. You can't go wrong with Number 31!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2012

We visit family every few years, and Number 31 is by far our favorite hotel in Ireland. Noel and his wife are wonderfully charming. The team who works with them is very professional. The rooms are lovely, the location perfect, and the breakfasts are amazing. Unfortunately, they were booked for the nights we wanted to go this June, but they were kind enough to forward a recommendation. I am sad we will miss them. I highly recommend staying at Number 31 when visiting Dublin!

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2012

I came here for St Patrick's day and truly enjoyed my stay, thanks mostly to the great hospitality of Noel and his staff. You are made to feel like having your own private Georgian home in one of the prettiest residential areas in Dublin, and within walking distance to the main parts of town.

Though arriving well before check-in time, I was promptly whisked to the breakfast area, where for the following days I enjoyed the best cooked early morning meals of my entire life. You get to eat so much here that you simply can't even think about lunch. And I must say I have been to a handful of good restaurants in Dublin, and never was the soda bread as good as the one home cooked here.

Rest assured that Number 31 is not a "breakfast with rooms". The hotel is tastefully decorated throughout, the beds are super comfortable and the rain shower superb. Noel will give you great tips on what to see, do and where to eat, and during my whole stay I was able to go mostly everywhere walking.

Though there are many options hereby, I ended up dining most nights at Ranelagh village, a bit off the beaten path but closely reached via the Luas tram. I had 3 excellent dinners in this neighborhood and there were plenty of other options available.

It was my first time in Ireland and Number 31 really made it a lot more enjoyable. I will certainly stay here next time around, I just with they would ship me that soda bread here at home. Thank you Noel!

Room Tip: There is no lift on the property, so call to ask for a lower floor room if you have mobility constra...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
Godalming, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2012

We stayed for four nights and thoroughly enjoyed it. Really excellent breakfasts. You eat at communal tables which is great for meeting and chatting to other guests. Noel the owner is a very friendly and obliging host. Other staff are great too. Free wi-fi. Complementary tea and coffee served in the lounge area. Nice bedrooms in a Georgian house.

It's about 5 mins walk from St Stephen's Green, so near enough to everything if you don't mind a bit of (pleasant) walking. Some rooms are on Fitzwilliam Place which is quite a busy road. Worth asking for a room overlooking the garden if you like peace and quiet. And if you are on the top floor you will have about 80 stairs to climb to get up to your room (no lifts). But these are minor things. It's a great place to stay and highly recommended.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple