Celtic Lodge Guesthouse
Official Site
US$ 296
US$ 243
  • Restaurant
All reviewstalbot streetcelt pubfull irish breakfastbar next doorno elevatorlive music every nighttesco expressirish musicrooms are smallwithin walking distanceevery eveningexcellent locationcentral locationminute walk to temple barbreakfast includedo'connell stbreakfast staff
Reviewed 22 December 2011

Well priced. Small rooms. Breakfast is good but definitely not stunning as some reviewers claim. It's just average. The air in the dining room is fat and thick. Get a better exhaust system in that kitchen please!
But, the location is very central, staf is ok and the rooms are clean. Good beds.
However... Staff told us we could leave our luggage at Hueston Station. We took the Luas (20 mins) to the station only to find out there is NO left luggage in the station! That certainly didn't make us smile...

• Stayed: December 2011
Reviewed 18 December 2011

I visited in November, this hotel is in a great location and the staff is very friendly and helpful, especially Anne. If I'm ever in Dublin again, I'll definately stay there. Don't understand why this is only rated a 2 star. The room was nice, the breakfast was good and the location was great.

Room Tip: Ask for a ground floor is you don't like to climb stairs
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 December 2011

Stayed here for 3 nights in December. Perfect location, everything is walking distance. Room was small but clean, all you really need if you are exploring Dublin. Next to the hotel there is Irish pub - The Celt - has live music every evening, there is also a restaurant, but we did not eat there. Staff was very helpful and friendly and very good was free transfer from and to the airport.

I can recommend this place, do not expect anything romantic or mind blowing, but for the price, very good standard and service.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 October 2011

This hotel is a great place to stay when you want to go out all day to discover Dublin. If you’d prefer to stay in the hotel for the whole day, by all means: find something else :-)
I would recommend this hotel to anyone who wants to use it for an overnight sleep and have a nice Irish breakfast. From where the hotel is located, you can visit most of Dublin’s highlights by foot.
Breakfast is great. Even my wife had a full Irish and she loved it. Once we had to wait for half an hour until there was a table available.
Staff is very helpful and very friendly. Some of them speak English even worse then I do. I don’t mind, but then again: I don’t work in a hotel in Dublin.
We travelled with friends, and our rooms (3) were next to each other, perfect. Rooms were small, and OK. Bathrooms were even smaller.
We used the Paddy coach to travel back to the airport, which was a great experience. I was in luck, and sat right behind the driver. I was not aware that a bus could drive with that many lights on the dashboard, blinking in all kind of colours. Anyway: we made it in time and even saw places in Dublin we haven’t been before (nor we shall probably visit ever after).
Whenever I want to visit Dublin again (with friends or family), I will sure check the availability of a room in The Celtic Lodge.
And last, but not least (after all, I am Dutch): the price was very, very reasonable.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 October 2011

The Celtic Lodge is ideal if you want basic digs for a good price in a great location. And 'basic' might differ from person to person. We stayed at the Celtic Lodge on two occasions during a month long visit to Ireland. We didn't mind that due to the size of the second bathroom we had to come out, turn around and then re-enter. Nor did we mind that for a twelve hour period during our three night stay there was no hot water. We did appreciate the OK breakfast and that the staff looked after us when we needed it served before the usual hours on one morning. Other things we liked: the general friendliness of the staff, the clean and cozy beds, the free shuttle on the Paddywagon bus to and from the airport on two occasions (right to the hotel's doorstep), the atmosphere and the music of the Celt Pub, and most of all the central location that gave one easy walking access to all that central Dublin has to offer.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with family