“ELIZA LODGE, GREAT LOCATION. CLEAN. GOOD FACILTIES.”
Review of Eliza Lodge

Eliza Lodge
Ranked #88 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
Dublin
“ELIZA LODGE, GREAT LOCATION. CLEAN. GOOD FACILTIES.”
Reviewed 8 February 2012

This is located on Wellington Quay. It is very central. The rooms are small, not fancy, but clean and brilliant showers. Real powerful. Its not too noisy considering where it is located. Spent two nights there, a saturday and sunday night. It also feels very secure and safe. Staff were very helpful. You can leave your luggage also before and after check out free of charge. I booked it because the fancier hotels were too expensive as it was a rugby weekend. I'd say 80 euro to 100 euro is plenty for the rooms. As i say, not fancy, rooms not big but i'd stay here again defnitely. Its clean. Just no frills. But would reccomend it.

Room Tip: Room 201 and 202 are the rooms we had. Good view out of 201, its at front of building. Deffo book...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank Lormah
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
Luton
Reviewed 6 February 2012

Was only in Dublin for one Thursday night, but this was a great place, I felt smug to have found it. The location was unbeatable, we had 4th floor rooms with balcony and views across the Liffey, and we were right in Temple Bar. I did not find it noisy at all. I will certainly be back - I might ask for room 400 as I think it has a double aspect!

Room Tip: Rooms on the 4th floor have balconies! 400 - 403 I think.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank ellavr
Harpers Ferry, West Virginia
Reviewed 31 January 2012

This is long overdue! Our first visit to Ireland in May 2011, we wanted to spend a few days in Dublin in a central location but not pay a $$$$$ price! By US standards, the room was quite small (get used to it - you're in Europe!) but quite pleasant, with a great view of the River Liffey. And indeed close to everything. The restaurant downstairs was convenient, food was good (although I was surprised at how many Italian restaurants there were). The lift was quite small, my husband and I had to go up in shifts! Helpful and cheerful staff. Would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: I think next time I would pay the little bit extra for the balcony suites, as they looked to be subs...
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mamagoots
San Diego, California
Reviewed 26 January 2012

The rooms are modern, clean and large for Europe, great location walk to everything and the staff was so attentive and helpful I just can't say enough about them. Thank you for a great stay!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Susaneee
Dublin
Reviewed 19 January 2012

We are both Dubs born and bred, but we live in the suburbs and never venture into town for a night out. This year we decided we would change that and on the 29th of December the kids were sent packing, I mean a baby sitter was arranged and off we went to be tourists in our own town.

We had booked into Eliza Lodge on a family recommendation. We booked a penthouse suite for €79 for one night for the two of us room only.

Positives:
Location is un-beatable for the tourist visiting Dublin. Right on the Quays and at the heart of Temple Bar. The view out over the roofs of Dublin was fantastic, even the Liffey looked good.
Room and bathroom in great condition with all mod cons available.
Bed was very comfortable with good firm pillows.
Staff we met were friendly and check in was efficient.

Cons:
None really, Penthouse was very small but it was a penthouse all the same.

Over all I can't fault the Eliza Lodge on price, location, cleanliness or the staff.

We did not eat or drink there so I cant offer any comments this time.
However It is a favourite of my parents and I have eaten there in the past and as Italian restaurants go its very passable. I am not a fan of Italian quisine.

Room Tip: Go for a penthouse, it was €20 extra but the balcony gave excellent views of Dublin
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple