5,120 results
All reviewsphoenix parkiveagh barguinness storehousenancy handscity centresuperior kingheuston train stationgreat hotelnational museumminute walktram linekilmainham gaolbreakfast buffetacross the riverluas stopbar foodfamily room
Reviewed 27 February 2018 via mobile

I’m always wary of recommending hotels but in this case I wouldn’t hesitate.

The hotel is a short walk from Heuston station where the there are plenty of buses and the red line tram. It’s the last stop from the airport on the airport bus - which also means you get on first and get a seat on the way back!

The reception staff were all friendly and helpful.

The room was a good size. I went with my mum so booked a twin - we had a double and a single so was a ‘three’ and it wasn’t at all cramped.

The room had plenty of plugs, including USB sockets.

There was a kettle and some tea/coffee. There was even some complimentary bottles of water - a nice touch as I always hate having to remember to pick up some water to take back to the hotel.

Bathroom was clean. Well stocked with toiletries - even little packets with cotton wool and cotton buds!

Breakfast buffet had everything you could imagine wanting to have for breakfast - even the fussiest eater like myself won’t go hungry!

We had a drink in the bar one night which was lovely and chilled. Whilst we didn’t eat there the food looked nice and there was a decent range of food on the menu.

The only negative point I can think of is that there was quite a bit of traffic noise on the Monday morning. The layout of the hotel against a hill meant that, despite being on the third floor, being at the back on the side meant we were close to ground level. The side road is obviously a bit of a rat run in the morning rush. That said it wasn’t that noisy - I only noticed it because my brain had already woken me up at work time and I wanted to sleep in - I don’t think it would have woken me up on itself. There was no noise at all on the Sat/Sun. If you’re a very light sleeper you might want to request a room on the other side of the hotel.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends
AshlingHotelDublin, General Manager at Ashling Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2018

Thank you for your kind review and feedback on your stay at the Ashling Hotel, Dublin. I was pleased to learn that you had an enjoyable stay with us and found our location so accessible from Dublin Airport. It was great to hear that you were happy with your bedroom and were impressed with our extensive breakfast buffet. Thank you in advance for your recommendations and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Ashling Hotel again in the future.

Reviewed 27 February 2018 via mobile

We had a wonderful stay here. 25min walk from the busaras (city bus station), 2min walk to the nearest tram stop that can take you across the city.

The staff were helpful and kind, the room was clean and comfy, and our breakfast was great.

Only lost a star because it was a bit noisy at night due what I think is construction down the street. I had trouble sleeping both nights.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at the Ashling Hotel, Dublin. I was delighted to learn that you had a wonderful stay with us and found our location convenient for access to the LUAS Tram Line. I hope to welcome you back to us again in the near future.

Reviewed 27 February 2018

My friend and I stayed here for 3 nights in February. It's a little way out from the centre but actually it didn't bother us as I think it might be quite noisy staying in the centre. It took us about 25 mins to walk from the bus stop where we got dropped off from the hotel. Definately get a Dublin pass as that was included so saved us around 25 euros for a taxi. The hotel is lovely, wonderful breakfasts, a lovely bar with great food and the rooms were huge. Close by to the Zoo, highly recommend a stay here.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends

Thank you for your review of your stay at the Ashling Hotel, Dublin. It was great to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us and everything was as it should be. I was pleased to hear that you liked our breakfast buffet and found our location convenient for visiting Dublin Zoo. Thank you for recommending us and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Ashling Hotel again in the future.

Reviewed 26 February 2018 via mobile

The Ashling Hotel is very well located beside Heuston Station. Rooms are comfortable and have very welcome tea / coffee making facilities as well as bottled water. The food in the bar is good and includes some healthy options. Breakfast is busy but queues are fast moving and all food options are well presented. On some occasions reception staff have provided a second room key that allows you to charge laptops etc while eating.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank FarFarAwayToo
AshlingHotelDublin, General Manager at Ashling Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2018

Thank you for your review of your stay at the Ashling Hotel, Dublin. It was great to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us and everything was as it should be. I was pleased to hear that you found our location convenient and enjoyed your meal in the Iveagh Bar. I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Ashling Hotel again in the near future.

Reviewed 26 February 2018

We stayed 2 night at this great hotel. Friendly staff and a great location. Close to Heuston station. Breakfast was excellent value at €12.50 for a massive choice . Only missing item of the 100+ on offer perhaps would be some Vegetarian / meat free sausages. The staff kindly offered to do an Omelette or Kippers (which were fab) as an alternative. Needless to say we did not go hungry. Will stay again next time we are in Dublin.

Room Tip: Deluxe Superior King great Size - Shower and Bath
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your very kind comments on your stay at the Ashling Hotel, Dublin. It was great to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and found our team friendly and our location great. I look forward to welcoming you back to the Ashling Hotel again in the not too distant future.