“Very nice hotel and great location”
Review of The Westin Dublin

The Westin Dublin
Ranked #12 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed 11 June 2012

The room was very nice, the location was great, and the people were wonderful!

1  Thank jenniferlpatrick
TheWestin, General Manager at The Westin Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2012

Dear jenniferlpatrick

Thank you very much for the response you have posted and the time you have taken to do so. I am happy that you had an enjoyable stay with us while you stayed wiht us here in Dublin.

I hope to welcome you back to The Westin soon.

Best regards,
General Manager.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for The Westin Dublin

Reviewed 10 June 2012

Chose to stay at the Westin Dublin as the starting point of our 8-day vacation in Ireland - great decision! The hotel was perfectly located - just a few minutes walk to Temple Bar area, Trinity College, O'Connell St Bridge, shopping/Grafton St, HOHO busses, etc. We knew it was close but maps didn't do it justice, having never visited the city before. Service was excellent, rooms were very clean and comfortable. We were able to check-in mid-morning after the night flight from JFK which was such a relief. Our atrium double room was spacious and very quiet.
The beds at the Westin were the best we had all week! We stayed at B&B's throughout the country for the rest of the trip and while they were spotlessly clean and wonderful in many ways, every one had beds like concrete slabs.
Our only frustration was that we didn't know the lights in the room were controlled by a room key devise just inside the doorway - took us a while to figure it out and reception never mentioned it.
Highly recommend the Westin.

3  Thank kate04

Dear kate04

I appreciate the time you have taken to post your review of The Westin Dublin.

I am very happy that you enjoyed your eight day trip to Ireland and we were a part of your vacation. We have a fantastic location here right in the middle of Dublin and I am happy you could enjoy the central location. I am very happy to read that we were able to help you rest and rejuvenate while you were staying with us and that you enjoyed our ‘Heavenly Beds’.

Thank you again and I look forward to welcoming you back to The Westin soon.

Reviewed 8 June 2012

After reviewing photos of the Westin's rooms on its website, my husband booked a junior suite to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary SEVEN months in advance of our arrival in Dublin. One week before we checked in, he also personally met with a representative at the front desk to reserve a parking space in the hotel's parking garage after we returned from our visit to Cork. She assured him that this would not be a problem, quoted him the nightly parking fee and verified the information under our reservation booking. Unfortunately, when we arrived at the hotel several days later, we were abruptly informed at curbside that the hotel parking lot was full, that it did not matter whether we had reserved a parking space in advance and were instructed to find a parking spot at another garage. While my husband scrambled to locate the garage, I waited in a long line at the front desk, which was only manned by one person. Instead of a junior suite, we were given a "writer's room" and were forced to pay the same rate as the much larger, individually decorated junior suite that we had looked forward to staying in. The "writer's room" was sub par with a non-functional layout. No explanation was given by the hotel; my assumption was that a large wedding party and their guests took over most of the rooms in the hotel before we arrived. When we departed, there was no one to assist us with our bags to the car. I ended up loading the car myself. The only positive comment I can give the Westin is its location. What a letdown. Next time we will stay at the Shelbourne.

1  Thank pasadena4

Dear pasadena4

Thank you for your comments about your recent stay with us in The Westin Dublin. We do value all feedback from our guests, both positive and negative, as this is the only way to ensure we continue to grow and evolve as a business.

I regret to hear that you were disappointed with your room and the parking facilities. I am sorry to hear that you were not happy with the writers’ room as these are our newly refurbished rooms. If you would like to contact me directly to discuss the issues you experienced I would be happy to go through things with you.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 5 June 2012

Staff was very friendly. Hotel and room were beautiful. Service was great! PLUS! You cannot beat the location as it is in the center of all the activity in Dublin!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
TheWestin, General Manager at The Westin Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2012

Dear AMSAAB

Thank you very much for posting your review of The Westin Dublin. I am glad you could rest and rejuvenate when you stayed with us in April.
I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you to our hotel again.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 5 June 2012

We stayed in two other hotels and a B&B while in Ireland. This hotel was lovely. I travel a great deal for work and this is one of the nicer hotels I've stayed in period. We got an upgraded suite. I was told by a friend who had stayed here previously, that if you book a standard room, it will be an interior room without windows. So, we went with the upgrade. The room was huge and the bathroom was spa-like. It had a large jacuzzi tub and a glass enclosed shower. Marble throughout. The room had been a part of a recent renovation and you could tell. The decorative touches were right on the mark. The negatives- check in process was really chaotic. We drove up and were told we had to park at a city lot because the garage was full. Exactly what we wanted to hear after 3 hrs of driving and being at the end of the trip. As we waited for someone to help with our bags, two additional staff members proceeded to tell us the same thing. It took about 30 minutes at least to have our luggage brought in. We then had to wait for about another 30 minutes to check in and I was a preferred member but it was not much quicker than those who weren't.

But, all in all the room was amazing. We stayed at the Conrad Dublin another night and this was above and beyond better than that hotel. Expensive---but the room was very nice. Excellent location right by Temple Bar and although we were abutting the main street, we didn't hear a thing. Sound proofing was excellent.

Room Tip: Go for the upgrade if you want a window, non-interior room.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family

Dear Kris L
Thank you for your kind comments about your recent stay in The Westin Dublin I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed one of our newly refurbished rooms.
However I am very sorry for the poor experience you had while you were checking in. I would like to offer you my sincere apologies. If you would like to contact me directly to discuss the issues you experienced I would be happy to go through things with you.
Thank you again for your review and please do not hesitate to contact me so that we can discuss things further.