2,596 results
All reviews vat house vat bar temple bar great location free entry noisy at night bar downstairs central location night life early hours bars and restaurants great bar trinity college grafton street nightlife pub guinness
Reviewed 5 May 2018

Right in the Temple Bar area, perfect location in Dublin to stay at to have lots of things to do, places to eat, and bars. We could also just walk around and see the city. Front desk staff were very friendly and helpful. There is also a bar/restaurant attached to the hotel. We stopped in for a few pints and to hear the Irish music, it was very good. Would stay there again!

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank listak
JR0113, Front Office Manager at Blooms Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2018

Dear listak,

Thank you so much for your fantastic review of your recent stay here at Blooms Hotel. We really appreciate your kind words and I will be sure to share them with the team.
I hope that we get the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel soon.

Reviewed 2 May 2018 via mobile

This hotel was perfectly located. We were right in the middle of Temple Bar and about a 2 minute walk to the tour bus stop. We were able to walk to many things from the Blooms.

The room was small but good enough. There was a small “closet” but it didn’t have a door. There was also a built in desk that didn’t have and doors or drawers. There was a safe in the room which was great.

The price was a little high but it was a perfect t location!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family

Dear Inara A

Many thanks for your review of your recent stay at Blooms Hotel. Im glad that you enjoyed it and our fantastic location!

Reviewed 29 April 2018

I booked this hotel for a 3 night trip away to Dublin. What first attracted me to this hotel was the central location and it certainly didn't let me down. The hotel is a short walking distance from most popular tourist attractions including Grafton Street, O'Connell Street, Trinity College, Dublin Castle and Temple Bar.

We checked into the hotel earlier due to our flight being early and this wasn't a problem unlike most hotels. We were also given a welcome drink voucher which could be redeemed at the VAT House which is the pub attached to the hotel. I think it is important to note that the hotel do require a 50 Euro security deposit. This was not clear when booking the hotel, however, after reading reviews I was aware so it didn't take me by surprise. You do receive the deposit back at the end of your stay.

When we got to our room it was very clean and tidy. Prior to stopping at the hotel, I had read reviews that said the hotel was noisy but we didn't find this to be the case. This was probably because we avoided the weekend.

My only complaint would be that the room was not cleaned on our first night there but this wasn't a massive problem. Overall, it was a lovely stay in heart of Dublin and would recommend for those who want to stay in the centre.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
JR0113, Front Office Manager at Blooms Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2018

Hi HayleyS

Thank you for your feedback. I'm glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for bringing the housekeeping issue to my attention and please accept my sincerest apologies, these are not our standards.
Should you have occasion to visit Dublin again in the future I would be delighted if you contact me directly so that I can ensure the best possible terms for your stay.

Thanks again,

Reviewed 26 April 2018 via mobile

Had some good nights, comfy bed but it wasn’t extravagant. Great bar downstairs (the vat house) and plenty to do around.
Actually the breakfast was not worth the money - the staff being nonchalant (or very tired?) and you’d have to go look for them to get utensils and so on and there wasn’t enough food out. Maybe that’s a question for the management : the staff seemed over-worked and pretty tired - maybe they need better schedules, we are all only human after all.

Stayed: April 2018
1  Thank 329annelies

Hi Annelie S

Thanks for sharing your experience. We will use your feedback to improve our product.

Reviewed 25 April 2018 via mobile

Came here in April 18. The room was clean and tidy and was very quiet, beds we’re comfy.
Hotel was very close to Temple Bar.

Not a lot to say as it was reasonably priced and I would definitely return.
Thank you for an enjoyable stay.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family

Hi Tinkabell12,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. Im so glad that everything was to your liking.
I hope that we get to see you again at Blooms Hotel soon.