2,585 results
All reviews vat house vat bar temple bar great location free entry noisy at night bar downstairs central location night life bars and restaurants early hours great bar trinity college grafton street nightlife pub guinness
Reviewed 14 May 2017

The reviews of this hotel do not do it justice. The staff are friendly and the pub it's attached to is really welcoming. The rooms are comfortable and cleaned daily to a nice standard. If you go around nit picking you probably will find things wrong with your room, but I'd much rather go and enjoy the amazing surroundings as the location is excellent too. We were a very large group and took over at least 10 rooms in the hotel. So the only thing I would say is that you can get a standard room, or a beautiful room, with a balcony for the exact same price, which isn't very fair.

Room Tip: Ask for one of the rooms on the higher floors, with a balcony
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank VWilsons
Reviewed 13 May 2017

As many of the other reviews have said, the biggest asset this place has is its location, as it is right in the city centre. The room was nice and clean, but fairly small. The staff were polite, but didn't really do much to go out of their way for us. We had a room at the far end of the hallway, and because of this, the Wifi was very bad in our room, which was frustrating. It was very loud outside, but hard for the hotel to help this, as it is right in the city centre.

Also, WARNING, the gentleman who checked us in at the front desk DID NOT mention to us that we needed to get a voucher for the "Fleet Street Car Park", which is their recommended parking, despite the fact that we asked him for directions to the car park. We therefore ended up having to pay 34 Euros, and neither the parking garage nor the hotel were willing to do anything to reimburse us for the expenditure, as we were told that we should have asked for the voucher when we checked in (how were we supposed to know?)

Room Tip: Live music in the bar on the ground floor, so upper floors are quieter. Wifi quality is poor towards the ends of the hallways.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 May 2017

Location is the only asset this hotel has. Right smack in the the middle of Temple Bar. But the room is so warm even with the thermostat turned off that we had to use some sturdy paper bag to keep the window open and the beds creak and move every time you change position. We could have easily ignored the heat and the creaking beds but one thing that stood out is the sour demeanour of the front desk woman when we checked-in yesterday afternoon. I do not expect people working in the hotel and restaurant industry to be overly friendly. But I do expect them to be professional and courteous.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 May 2017

Arrived and was greeted by a very grumpy and rude receptionist. None of the daytime reception staff bothered to acknowledge you or say hello when we were passing. The room was fairly clean but had a very noisy (aircon I think) unit outside the window so we had to keep the windows shut at all times. We were in room 206 and the view was a concrete wall.

The walls are very thin and you can hear people in other rooms talking and their tv's, also constant banging doors and footsteps from the floor above. The bed was fairly comfy and I personally didn't have any trouble sleeping (might've been the Jameson's!).

The breakfast was ok but in the four days I was there I only had proper t-bags on the one day and this is a travesty as I love my cup of tea.

The keycards for the room kept failing and we were told it was our fault for having them near our phones (we never put them anywhere near our phones). We saw one lady who'd just booked in and hers didn't work either. We had to go back to reception twice to get this fixed.

The best thing about "Blooms" is the location as it's right in the heart of "Temple Bar". I wouldn't go back even though the price was good. I think next time I visit Dublin I'll spend a bit more and hopefully get better service.

Room Tip: Higher floors might be better as in room 206 there is no view apart from a wall.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Bertiewales2015
Reviewed 4 May 2017

My stay here at Blooms was very good. The rooms were clean and had recent renovations, we had breakfast included i found it very nice. Friendly staff and perfect location, you're in the temple bar area but not in a busy street which i found perfect because i enjoy nightlife. Loved the hotel access to the VAT bar, live music almost every day! I definitely recommend although don't expect many luxuries, just the essential.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends