“Ideal if you want to be in the centre of the action!”
Review of Blooms Hotel

Blooms Hotel
Ranked #80 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed 23 April 2012

I am writing this review as part of a large group of girls on a hen weekend, my views my differ slightly if I had travelled with my partner or family.

The location was perfect for accessing all the nightlife of Temple Bar. The hotel has a great bar Valle the Vat house which does great food. The bar has live Irish bands on and has a great atmosphere.

Check in was smooth (there were 40 of us checking in so was no small task).

The rooms were clean and comfortable with all the usual amenities (except no kettle).

There were a lot of noise from bars and people passing by drunk, however I managed to sleep pretty well ( I am normally the first to complain about night time noise).

The staff were all helpful and friendly.

There is also a nightclub attached to the hotel, I didn't hear any music from here when in bed. We never visited the club, we enjoyed the Vat house instead.

Breakfast was great too, its 13 euros for a cooked breakfast but you can eat as much as you like. Continental is 9 euros!

I would definitely stay here again when travelling in a group. I would consider it when travelling with my partner.

Overall ideal location and comfortable accomodation in the heart of Temple Bar.

• Stayed: April 2012
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 21 April 2012

I arrived at Blooms Hotel at close to midnight on a Thurs night with no reservation, in a bit of a plight. This was because when I turned up at the hotel I had actually booked, the Drury Court, they informed they had accidentally cancelled my reservation, and the hotel was full. Facing the prospect of sleeping rough for the night, I found my way to Blooms Hotel. The staff at Blooms couldn't have been more helpful, particularly the manager Stein. He sorted me out with a room for 2 nights at a very reasonable rate.

I was pleasantly surprised at how well furnished the room was considering the price, and the breakfast was good too, as hotel breakfasts go. It was a little noisy at night but that's to be expected given it's smack bang in the middle of Temple Bar.

Hats off to the helpful staff, would happily recommend to anyone looking for a good value hotel in the heart of Dublin and Templebar.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 April 2012

This place is about as perfect a location as you could have in Dublin City for the nightlife.
The rooms are basic and sparse and wouldnt be luxury, far from it however if you are just staying for a couple of nights on a weekend trip and plan on getting drunk with the rest of the hordes inTempleBar then this is perfect. Rooms are clean, if your a girl bring your own hairdryer as the one in the room is rubbish. NO KETTLE. Good bathroom but the shower pressure on the 5th floor isnt good at all.
The bar is great and lively and you only need step outside the door for your choice of 500 more bars/clubs
you must give a €50 deposit on check in.

this is the perfect place for the party goers,i will stay again the next time im out on the town, I paid 80 for the twin room. book in advance for the best rates

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 April 2012

I stayed here for work for five days while working in a kitchen else where in the capital. My boss informed me that there was no deposit to be paid, which i found was incorrect when checking in. I do not have a credit card only debit so when i tried to pay the €50 deposit i was told they did not take it and i would have to pay in cash. This was not convenient and i have stayed other places in the capital where you can pay deposits on debit cards!
The next thing was no kettle!!! I mean no kettle or extra blankets or pillows (the duvet was very thin) but the one thing that really bugged me was the kettle, it does not take much to offer this.
However it was in a great location and so close to the bus stop to get back to the train. However one thing was (more my works fault than theres) was that it was very loud from the nightclub downstairs, this would be great if you wanted to go out drinking but not really if you are working near 12 hours a day and need the sleep.
All in all, not bad if you can live without caffine kicks and want to drink in temple bar... however if you go out drinking in temple bar surely you need a good cup of coffee the morning after???

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 April 2012

This is my third time staying here as the location is perfect for getting around Dublin by foot. The rooms are very clean and cozy. I love the additional lights throughout the room which enabled me to read before falling asleep as well were not blinding if I fell asleep with them on.

Room Tip: The only concern one may have is the that Club M is located in Blooms and on weekends things can get...