“Easter Stay”

Ranked #79 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
Cork
“Easter Stay”
Reviewed 11 April 2012

Very central, clean and good value, the bar is very expensive even for Temple Bar standards !

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (350)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Roma
Reviewed 9 April 2012

I have been to the Blooms Hotel three times. It is an exellent hotel for its position in Temple Bar and very close to shops and attractions in Dublin. The rooms are clean and large enough. Its pub is very beautiful and the people working there are kind and efficient, especially Rosemary who works at the Vat House. I'll choose this hotel again for the following trips and I suggest it to everybody. I add that Dublin and its people are fantastic and unique in the world.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 March 2012

The Blooms hotel is perfect for anyone looking for affordable accommodation in the heart of Dublin, if you are there to have a party!! We went for my boyfriend’s birthday for a long weekend. The location was perfect for us, about a hundred steps away from all the pubs and bars. The hotel was a lot cheaper than anything else I could find in the same area. The room isn’t great, it is quite small, but is it is clean and the beds are comfy, which is really all that we were after for the weekend. The shower could have been improved on as it was very week, but besides that there were no other niggles.

Yes the hotel is right above a rather noisy nightclub, however this did not bother us at all as we were ourselves out for both nights until 3am when it closes.

Basically if you are after a place that is cheaper than the rest of the hotels in Temple Bar (which are all bloomin’ well expensive!) that is no frills but clean and comfy, this is the place to stay.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Kent
Reviewed 25 March 2012

I stayed at the Blooms hotel during St Patrick's Weekend (17-19 March) with my boyfriend and a group of friends.
We had decided to visit Dublin partially as a surprise birthday weekend away for my boyfriend, but also to partake in the St Patricks celebrations and to soak up the atmosphere of the RBS 6 nations finals.

Blooms hotel is smack bang in the centre of Temple Bar - the main night-life area of Dublin city; so if you are after a quiet weekend get away, you will not get it here! Especially during St Patricks weekend!
However, as we fully intended to be out partying most of the time we were there, the hotel was ideally situated for us. All the main bars/pubs/clubs are within short walking distance, with there even being a bar (the VAT House) attached to the hotel and a night club (Club M).

Check in was rather slow; the receptionist couldn't quite grasp that we wanted to pay for our rooms up front, most of us by cash, therefore negating the need to take credit card details. Once the initial confusion was cleared up, we were able to go to our rooms (no information provided by the receptionist where to go, but fairly self explanatory!). My boyfriend and I were fortunate enough to be on the third floor and at the end of a corridor, which I think must have reduced a lot of noise from the street/bars and other guests. Although some noise could be heard in our room, it wasn't as much as we had expected, particularly for Paddy's Day!

The room was very basic, but clean and it had the added bonus of a safe - perfect to leave cash/valuables/passports in. The room did have a hair dryer, but I still used my own as I find the one's in hotels aren't very powerful. My boyfriend was pleased that there was a flat screen TV in the room - heaven forbid he should go without one, even for 2 days! The bathroom was spotless and the shower was quite good.
I was initially pleased to see the hotel had provided two pillows for each guest, but they were so solid, you couldn't get comfortable! The only thing missing was tea/coffee making facilities; they would have been most welcome!

Blooms - take note: new softer pillows and tea/coffee making facilities please!

All communal areas of the hotel seemed clean and well looked after, despite the heavy 'traffic' passing through the hotel that weekend! The VAT House bar became a regular watering hole for us over the weekend - not that we saw much of it on Paddy's Day as it was absolutely packed! However, the other occasions we popped in there, we found the staff to be polite and friendly (even on Paddy's Day when they were rushed off their feet!) and the food was good too! I can recommend their steak ciabatta and loaded potato skins!

Overall, I would recommend Blooms for a friends weekend away, due to the location and atmosphere. If you are looking for a quiet and/or romantic weekend away, then I would stay elsewhere, just out of the main Temple Bar area. My boyfriend and I stayed at The Arlington, Temple Bar last time we visited Dublin which is just on the edge of Temple Bar and much quieter.

If your plans involve a weekend partying in Dublin, then Blooms Hotel is for you!

Room Tip: If you're after a quieter room, ask for third floor or above, preferably at the end of a corrido...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
Armagh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 March 2012

Checked in and was told we would have to pay a 50euro deposit, I said this had never been mentioned when we booked the room and the receptionist just shrugged his shoulders. It also states on the hotels website that they have a residents bar, we went back to the hotel at 11.30 and we're told the residents bar was not open. Found a pair of ladies underwear hanging on the door in the bathroom and rubbish and receipts on the floor from what must have been previous guests, which makes you wonder if the room was even cleaned before we arrived.

Next morning someone just walked into the room while we were still in bed without even knocking, not sure if this was a cleaner, but checkout time was 12pm and this was at 10am. Said it to person at reception when checking out and he tried to say this happened because we had already checked out!!! Would never return and will advise all my friends not to.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
6 Thank bert123lawlor

Travellers are raving about these Dublin hotels