1,492 results
All reviews stag do grafton street temple bar dtwo stephens nightlife pubs
Reviewed 3 November 2011

The location is awesome. The family room was huge. The beds were tired and this place is noisy. The breakfast was pretty good, but the pub food was overpriced and crappy. The pub is not that clean and the music was horrid disco. Like I said, reasonably priced for the great location and the availability of a family room that we could fit three kids in comfortably. It is not luxury and you should not pay to eat here other than the included breakfast. THis is one of those places where it is ok to crash, but don't expect a lot.

Date of stay: September 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 26 October 2011

This hotel has only one saving grace...its proximity to central Dublin and nearby Trinity College. It is absolutely a Disco hotel as it says in brochure.........the disco goers spill into the garden which has a protected glass roof but which is OPEN at the sides so the noise level from early evening to 3.30 a.m is
unbelievable which explains the earplugs provided in nightstand. Discos are from Tuesday to Saturday so if you were there on other nights you may have escaped the noise, drunks in corridors, long queues in front of hotel and fights in back garden. Though changing rooms and speaking to management no one could tell us if there is a quiet room in the complex....there cannot be. It is situated directly opposite Harcourt Street Police station so this situation is obviously tolerated in a mainly disco and business area. If you are completely deaf or insomniac maybe you can survive. Those coming to party non-stop and having no need for sleep will find it OK so what do they need beds for ...one can only guess. The disco's were full we were told by a taxi driver encouraged perhaps by two for one drinks on offer on various nights which made us wonder where are the signs of recession. If you want to party all night from Tuesday to Saturday and have no need for any sleep then this is the hotel for you. The rooms are clean, breakfast as one expects and staff friendly but that does not help if you have no sleep for 3 nights. This 'hotel' in its present layout is only a party location from Tuesday to Saturday and must place this feature more prominently on its internet ads so future guests are aware if this is suitable for them. It ruined our trip to Dublin.

Room tip: There is no room available to guarantee a nights sleep as noise source changes during evening and night depending where crowds gather. We asked management who avoided giving answer.
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank Mairead W
Reviewed 25 October 2011

I'm writing this from my bed in the Harcourt Hotel. It's a Tuesday night, 11 O'clock at night and I have a full live band playing directly below my room. If I was deaf it wouldn't matter, i can feel every beat of the music. No sleep for me! So far since i checked in 3 hours ago i have had brown water come out of the taps in the bathroom, noisey neighbours... smoking in the non smoking rooms. Raw chips with my dinner and being told there's no chance of taking my breakfast in my room. I keep thinking that nothing else could go wrong but everything I do or go to do is terrible.

You don't expect to have to run 3 baths before finally giving up and getting into yellow water thinking.... Well at least the water's not brown anymore. One thing I will say for the hotel. You don't even have to leave your room to listen to the band.

2  Thank Padsmc
Reviewed 16 October 2011

Stayed 2 nights .. Friday and Saturday .. Didn't check reviews before booking .. Not like me but location was perfect for what I needed .. Walking distance Lesson st .. Saw reviews tried to change but thought too expensive and that I could cope with bit of club noise and bought ear plugs .. Fri nite .. Fire Alarm went off 4 times .. Once is a mistake .. 4 is crazy .. Head well banging .. Sat night .. Worse .. Teenagers partying in corridor .. Then .. Fight in corridor .. Really bad .. Outside door .. Death threats and physical .. Lockdown .. Terrified .. Suppose not hotel fault but clientele .. Suppose you pay for what you get .. Was cheap .. And hotel is nice enough .. Room compact .. Hot .. Can't open window coz of nightclub noise .. Bar fab .. Staff really good .. All friendly .. From all over the world .. Hence one star for staff .. And one for bar/ garden .. But .. Never again ..

2  Thank FHelenAnn
Reviewed 12 October 2011

My friend and I stayed here in April of 2011 for 3 nights and had a great time and a great experience. The rooms are a bit small but that's about par for the course in Europe. The location is great and within easy walking distance of nearly everything in Dublin. You absolutely cannot beat this place for the location and the price. We payed as much for a room here as we would have payed for a nice hostel in a worse location. The staff were very helpful and helped us find a bus tour that we could take on Good Friday when nearly everything was closed. When I come back to Dublin I'm staying here again. The only thing that keeps it from an excellent rating is it is pretty loud at night with the night club next door but we were intoxicated every night so we slept easily. Gosh I miss Ireland.

Date of stay: April 2011