2,223 results
All reviews four seasons seasons restaurant lobby lounge beautiful hotel city centre junior suite room service luxury hotel aviva stadium spa concierge ihg ireland ballsbridge rds doorman cabs
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Excellent staff, great room, great location. I was upgraded as an IHG Platinum to a junior suite, which was much appreciated even though it is not guaranteed and based on availability. This definitely made the stay more enjoyable. Even without the upgrade, the staff and facilities were great. The room was a good size, with a walk-in closet, nice marble bathroom, good access to outlets at the bed and desk. The sofa and day chair were some of the most comfortable I've seen at hotels. Usually, upscale hotels try to furnish with fancy but uncomfortable furniture. That was not the case here. The beds/bedding were also great and allowed a comfortable night's sleep. I'm not sure what the capacity was like, but I could not hear one peep from other rooms or the elevator (and were near the elevator which I initially regretted because I thought I would hear the noise, but once I realized that was not an issue, we appreciated the proximity). Restaurant staff at breakfast were also great and were attentive to everything. The chef made great omelettes and the staff kept up with everything.

Minor quibbles: the chair at the desk was not a good height for the desk it is matched with so I kept hitting my legs on the desk. The internet had some connectivity issues and was decent but not what I would call high-bandwidth. I could not connect my router which had my work VPN to it, so I'm not sure if they prevent VPN access. Also, I had some trouble receiving two packages during my stay. Logistics seemed to be needing some improvement to coordinate between daytime concierge and night time desk staff. Both times, they were eventually able to locate my packages but after considerable delay. This was a minor issue, however, and does not affect my rating of this hotel or its staff, both of which are excellent. Everything else was great and this is one of my favorite hotels internationally!

A tip on travel: taxis seemed expensive, and we prefer public transportation, so if that is good with you, here is what you do. Prior to arrival, obtain the Leap Visitor Card which is good for almost all public transportation in the city centre. To get to this hotel from the airport, the cheapest way is by Airlink bus to Connoly Station then DART to Sandymount. Easiest way is Aircoach from the airport to the Clayton Hotel/RDS stop (not "RDS" or the first "Clayton"). To get to city centre take the DART in to Tara, Pearse, or Connoly, depending on where you are going.

Room Tip: Rooms are quiet, so rooms near the elevators are not a problem
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Good G
icdublin, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Good G,

Thank you for choosing InterContinental for your recent stay in Dublin and for sharing your experience with us on Tripadvisor.

Thank you for your kind comments regarding the team, the service and the breakfast which you enjoyed. We are delighted to see we were able to guarantee your IHG upgrade and that you enjoyed the room we allocated. We have shared your comments about the chair, the internet and the logistics of receiving items and appreciate the feedback which will help up improve ourselves.

We are very happy to hear the InterContinental Dublin is one of your favorite hotels internationally.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the not so distant future.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I have stayed several times at the Dublin Intercontinental Hotel and wow has it improved .It is a beautiful Property in an amazing location ,near enough to the City but still in Leafy Area . As always the food is fantastic especially the amazing breakfast Buffet .
What has dramatically changed is the friendly service you get in every single department of this fine Hotel .
We were a group of three sisters and all agreed it was down the the new Dinamic General Manager we saw everywhere everyday . He stopped to talk to us several times as he did with all of his guests . It is easy to see that he has passed his friendly customer service to all the staff. It was evident that morale is high throughout the Hotel .

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the RDS
Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family

Dear Sandra D,

We are delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay with us, our team takes great pride in delivering a positive guest experience. Thank you for your kind comments regarding the team, the service and the breakfast which you enjoyed. Additionally, thank you very much for your kind comments about our General Manager, Nicky Logue, who will be very pleased you enjoyed your experience.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back the InterContinental Dublin in the future.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My friends and I chose to stay at the InterContinental on a weekend break to Dublin and it was the best decision we could have made. We had an fantastic stay.

We dined in the lobby and my expectations were surpassed. 2 of us ordered salmon and the other 2 ordered the duck - the food was delicious. There was a piano player playing in the background who was amazing - added to the evening.

The following day we had breakfast and I think it's the best breakfast in Dublin. There was a huge range of food for all tastes and the white pudding was to die for.

The hotel is sooo luxurious and the staff were so friendly and attentive.

I had stayed there about 3 years ago and didn't think it was anything too special but I understand there is a fabulous new General manager there who is clearly making a huge difference.

I will definitely be returning.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends

Dear Eva11_M,

Thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful review of the InterContinental Dublin.

We are delighted you allowed us the opportunity to be your host and we are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us. It was a pleasure to see that your expectations were exceeded in the Lobby Lounge and that the music was appreciated. Additionally, it is great to see you also enjoyed breakfast, you enjoyed the team and that you will definitely return.

Thank you once again for sharing such positive feedback.We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the not so distant future.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

Some months back went to the InterContinental for Afternoon tea and really enjoyed it.Talked to my friends and we decided to book a two night weekend break.Arrived,checked into our room and immediately headed to the Lobby Lounge for some liquid refreshments.After a brief discussion we decided to remain in the Lobby and order dinner from an impressive menu. I had the Thornhill Duck Breast which was excellent.My friends had the 10oz Irish Striploin steak and Fish and chips. We all agreed the standard of the food was five star.
After a good night's sleep we had a leisurely breakfast.We were in no rush to leave the breakfast room but we had booked some Spa treatments and pampering awaited. The Spa has a very good reputation and that is well deserved. Have to say really enjoyed the 14m pool. I would have spent all day.We had a good laugh in the Whirlpool.If you book a break, treat yourself to the Spa you will not be disappointed.
Finally, can't finish my review without a special word of praise for the General Manager Nicky Logue. The man is everywhere.The professionalism of his staff is down to him. There is probably 300 staff and he appears to know each one by name.Thank you all for a lovely weekend. We'll be back again and that's a promise.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
icdublin, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Dear Tour706614,

Thank you for taking the time to contribute your review of the InterContinental Dublin following your recent stay.

I am thrilled that you enjoyed your time with us. Your kind comments about the Lobby Lounge and the breakfast are truly appreciated and the Food & Beverage Team will be delighted to hear your feedback. We will also pass your feedback onto the Executive Housekeeper in relation to your sleep and the Spa Manager and Team regarding your experience.

Thank you again for mentioning our General Manager Nicky he will be very pleased to read your comments.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the not so distant future.

Kindest Regards,

Kate O' Flynn

Reviewed 13 September 2018

So, the room is nice and clean and spacious. The breakfast is very good. If I would do it over again, I’d probably do just one day of breakfast at the hotel and go out into town for breakfast. Oddly, there are no trash cans outside or in the foyer. Parking needs to be validated prior to leaving and it’s 18 daily. You can pay cash on the machine outside or pay at the end of your stay. Remember not to do both. You can walk to the center of town and that takes maybe 20min. Hop on and off bus is about that long a walk to get to anyway. If you do the bus, it’s 20euros a day or 25 for 2 days. Food in restaurants is very affordable and good.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Christine L,

I am thrilled that you enjoyed your time with us. Your kind comments about the breakfast and the food in our outlets are truly appreciated and the Food & Beverage Team will be delighted to hear your feedback.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the not so distant future.

Kindest Regards,